Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra SRi XP

Air Con Radiator change on a H

My AC hasn't been working for most of the year, none cooling issue. Well now we've past the height of summer (lol) I decided to get it sorted

I had it checked over in July when I had it MoT'd and the radiator was said to be faulty

I managed to get chance to look at it today. Grille off, bumper off and all was revealed. The Haynes manual said you needed to jack it up but it wasn't necessary.

The fan came off the front of the radiators by just disconnecting the two relays, carefully pulling off the cable ties holding the wiring and undoing two mounting nuts along the top

On the radiator, there were four mounting bolts, two nearside and two offside. And on the offside were the gas in and out junctions. There was one connector on a sensor (?) on the offside as well, simple unsnap from the top and the AC rad slid out complete, underneath the car

Looking at it, I'm not surprised it wasn't holding pressure!

Hope the following photo helps if anyone needs to change their rad

One silly question, whilst doing this replacement, I noticed not only two fans (one front mounted one rear mounted) but three radiators, confused?! Why three?!