Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Various

Corsa C Speedo Fault

Need a bit of help and advice.. so here goes..

Had a corsa c in part ex a few days ago the speedo cluster is playing up. Some of the warning lights dont light up on ignition and the mileage display is so dim you can barely read it. Also when you indicate left it doesnt light up on the dash but right works. Someone at some point changed the LEDs to blue so took the clocks out and put standard bulbs back in and still the same problem. Ive briefly tried another set of clocks where on that all the lights light up apart from again the mileage display is dim. Any idea as to what the fault could be? Also if I was to get another set of clocks then what would I need to get them programmed in and mileage adjusted? Is it just a case of visiting [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] to get them programmed and mileage adjusted? If I do get a set of clocks it wont have no codes or anything as it would be out the scrappy.

Thanks

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      That sounds like an earth fault to me matey, I'm not sure what the answer is in regards to programming new clocks, don't know if the Corsa C needs programming like the Astra H does ???

Vehicle
      Various
      Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      That sounds like an earth fault to me matey, I'm not sure what the answer is in regards to programming new clocks, don't know if the Corsa C needs programming like the Astra H does ???
      I tried DC the battery but that didnt help. Unless you can advise me on any other possible earthing points I can check?

I think they do need programming but just need to know off our resident Tech 2 genius what I exactly need. Dont want to buy clocks from a scrappy if I need any codes or if they need to be divorced beforehand.

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      It might be worth speaking to him first as don't forget he can decode various items, he may well be able to decode a set of clocks for you without too much trouble, as far as earth points go, there's loads mate, you just need to check the wiring behind the clock binnacle and work back. Not a nice job but earth faults never are

Vehicle
      Various
      I've now checked over and everything and tried whatever I could possibly try and have come to the conclusion that the actual instrument cluster is faulty. Now I have no idea where the fault is so am looking to replace it. Can I just get one from the breakers and get the mileage adjusted and programmed in? Or does it need to be divorced/ come with codes e.t.c?

Vehicle
      Various
      Found the problem after stripping the clock apart. One of the chips on the board is fully burnt out :cry: Need to source some new clocks now.

Vehicle
      Various
      Got myself some clocks now and these work fine. All I need is now for them to be programmed in. Waiting on a reply from [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] to see when he can squeeze me in. If he cant is there anyone else who can do it?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Sorry mate but I can only do the times on my website http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/booking/
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Various
      Ok thanks. Il book in one of the available dates.