Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra H Estate SRI 1.8

Astra H Bi Xenons Help please?

Hi Guys,

Finally got around to fitting my Bi Xenons after being in the loft for months!

My problem is 2 things? first the passenger side headlight sits very close to the bonnet and doesn't line up right to match the drivers side. I notice that when fitting the passenger side it was hard to line up with the screw holes due to some thick wires at the back where the access hole for the D2S bulbs meets the car and are quite hard to bend. Have others come across this?

Second problem is is that when I switch the lights on only one flickers on for a second then goes out. I know that they need to be tech 2'd to the car, but is this normal for one to come on until programmed or would it be a faulty ballast or ignitor? I managed to get two Hella ballasts and two Hella ignitors and wonder if they could be the problem? All the other bulbs work fine.

Thanks for your time.
    Triggar

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Can you post up a photo about the 1st thing mate ?

If the headlight goes out after a few seconds then it's usually a knackered ballast, you're right they need tech 2 first but if one lights up and the other goes out then it could be a ballast, get it tech 2'd first though just in case it's an anomaly.

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi Chris Thanks for the reply. First pictures are of the driver side. (notice the gap where the lights meets the wing, and the gap where light meets the bonnet)

Pictures of the passenger side. (notice the gap again where the light meets the wing, and the tight gap where the light meets the bonnet)

What do you think Chris? These are genuine Hella as well?

Cheers Dave

Vehicle
      I need to see a picture of the wiring that's fouling the passenger side head light

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi Chris, Cheers for the reply.

Here is a photo of the lights and bumper off. If you look where the passenger side light goes, its the wiring with the white label on that's causing the problem. The light does sit in the holes but you have to bend the wiring a bit, but then you cannot access the cover to change the D2S bulb....am I making sense?

Cheers Chris

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It's impossible to change the D2S bulb without removing the light anyway so don't worry about it covering the access. Most people struggle changing the bulb with the rubber caps on standard headlights, you have no hope with 3 torx screws to remove the cover.

Yes the wire is tight on that side, it nearly always is, particularly if you have a HID kit or any other wires.

The light will end up going where it goes, that part of the loom is the main engine loom and can't really be moved out the way
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Your best bet is to put it back in place and give it a wiggle about until it settles and your happy with the position, as Pecky said, the wiring cant really be moved, I thought you were talking about the wiring to the relay on the end of the battery tray but it doesn't look like yours has it anyway being a petrol variant. I know its a bit brutal but you could chop a bit out of the metal work under the wiring to accommodate it a little better and then put a rubber grommet over the edge of it after you've painted the bare metal. It's not going to make a massive amount of difference to any structural integrity as you'd only need to remove half an inch or so from it.

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi Chris thanks for the reply. Don't think I wanna go down that route in cutting as like you say it wouldn't make a massive difference. I'll give it another go to see if I can get it to sit better or may widen the holes a little and see if that works.

Again cheers [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] I see what you mean when trying to change the bulbs best with bumper off! I've also left you a message on your site about meeting you if poss for a tech 2 session when you are free.

Cheers again
      Dave

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi guys, managed to get hold of a tech 2 unit off one of my customers who works at Vauxhall. He wanted me to do a job and when he said he works for Vauxhall I thought nice one stroke if luck!
      Anyway managed to do everything that I wanted Teching especially my bi xenons. As mentioned earlier only one was flicking on, taking your advice Chris waited till they we're switch on to see if the other worked? No still only one on. Today I have changed over the ballasts, igniters and bulbs and they are all working no faults. [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] can you remember me purchasing the plug and play looms from your shop? Well I swopped the looms over and it seems to be one of the looms that is not working? Cleaned all the terminals on the looms but still the same? What I cannot understand is though is that on the check control it is saying low beam on the screen but all the bulbs are fine? Is there any chance that I can send you the faulty loom back for a new one? Plus while everything was off the car I managed to line the lights up bang on with the shut line!
      Cheers Triggar.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by TRIGGAR View Post
      Is there any chance that I can send you the faulty loom back for a new one?
      Of course, no problems at all, my address was on the receipt, do you still have it?
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast