Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Various

Spanner Light Flashes.. No start

Last week I went into my car in the middle of the day and tried to start it but would'nt start. Just kept flashing the spanner light and that was it. No turning over of the engine or anything. So I thought maybe immobiliser so locked and unlocked and tried again and it started. All week it has been fine up until earlier today as I was leaving for work. Spanner light flashing and this time nothing worked so car is now dead. Not starting at all now. Ive done a quick pedal test and the following has come up.

P1616 CIM (Steering Column Module) Wrong Environment Identifier Immobiliser B-006
    P1614 Immobiliser Wrong Signal Received Immobiliser B-008
    P1614 Wrong Transponder Key Immobiliser B-006

Anyone have any idea what it could be? The CIM or the key?

Something you've come across before @Pecky @Gairo?

Oh forgot to say its an Astra H 1.7 CDTi 54 reg

I dont have a 2nd key so cant try another key.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Various
      Just had a read through online and it seems that the CIM needs a software update. Just bad luck lately with this car. Last month someone scuffed drivers passenger door and front bumper on 2 occasions at work. Last week had someone hit the mirror at work again and damage the mirror cover and 2 days after that had someone hit into the rear passenger door and dent it all outside the house. Now today this
      [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] would you be able to do the update at all? I know you are busy but worth asking. Or is it a tow to the dealer job?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It normally does it a couple of times, but it should start if you keep trying it. It's a known issue which is why there is an update for it.

I will really struggle to get to you this week, got other bookings already and am at Silverstone Fri-Sun
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Various
      Quote Originally Posted by Pecky View Post
      It normally does it a couple of times, but it should start if you keep trying it. It's a known issue which is why there is an update for it.

I will really struggle to get to you this week, got other bookings already and am at Silverstone Fri-Sun
      Last week it did it a couple of times then started but today no joy at all whatsoever. I'll try again and see what happens. I've got other cars I can drive this week so should be ok. I dont know how much of this is true but I read that if you contact Vauxhall Customer Care they give you a reference number and you can get your local dealers to replace it free of charge. Will get them a call tomorrow and see what they say to that as well. If I dont sort it by the end of the week I will let you know. The plan was to stick this damn thing up for sale.. wasnt it? [MENTION=46]ANT-VXR[/MENTION]

Vehicle
      Various
      Update time:

Called Vauxhall Customer Care and told them about the issue. They immediately gave me a reference number and told me to book it in with the local dealer who they transferred me to. So on Tuesday I dropped the car off to them. Surprisingly it started. No updates from them so popped in today and they go the cars fine. They've got the same error codes as the ones I told them about and thats all. They cant find any fault as its starting fine now. They said its best for me to make a new key so they can rule that out at a cost of £110 supplied and programmed. I said I'll have a think about it and now I went to get my car back and they gave me a bill of £42 (diagnostic fee). I told them that since when was I getting charged as no one made me aware that there would be cost implications to it. So i've left the car with them and called Vauxhall C.C back and they've said I need to pay. My point is if they told me I need to pay a fee I would'nt have taken it there in the first place.

So now does anyone know where I can get another key supplied and programmed from at all for less than the above cost? Any help would be appreciated

Ive just spoke to Vauxhall dealer again and they can do the key supplied for £66 so just wondering if [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] can programme it?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by Adz View Post
      Ive just spoke to Vauxhall dealer again and they can do the key supplied for £66 so just wondering if @Pecky can programme it?
      I can programme it, could also supply it, but not sure that is what you need at all.

There is a technical bulletin which tells them to update the software in the CIM, no point in swapping the key IMO if that hasn't been updated.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Various
      I can programme it, could also supply it, but not sure that is what you need at all.

There is a technical bulletin which tells them to update the software in the CIM, no point in swapping the key IMO if that hasn't been updated.
      Thanks. I will tell them that tomorrow and see what they say. Could you PM me the cost of the key and programming please?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Could you PM me the cost of the key and programming please?
      No need to PM as there is no secret to my prices http://www.wmvx.club/forum/showthrea...logo-flip-keys
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Various
      No need to PM as there is no secret to my prices http://www.wmvx.club/forum/showthrea...logo-flip-keys
      Cheers mate. Either way will need to come down and see you at some point when you are free so you can see if the software has been updated on the CIM and also possibly have a key off you

Vehicle
      Various
      Cheers mate. Either way will need to come down and see you at some point when you are free so you can see if the software has been updated on the CIM and also possibly have a key off you
      [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] just spoke to the dealer and they said that they will update the software on the CIM if I pay for it What a load of ****.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast