Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks for all the feedback guys!!

As hinted there by [MENTION=211]harpz_s[/MENTION], the car is in the middle of being put back on the road after a bit of an incident 3 months ago with a wet road, bad tyres, and a tree in a ditch... it was not a good day for me. All these upcoming mods are as a result of that incident, so I guess it's all worked out for the best. Car is finished mechanically with my new upgrades fitted, now just waiting for some bits to be sprayed up and fitted. I will endeavour to get some pictures up once it is complete - most likely during the week before PVS.

Regarding the spacers [MENTION=455]III_ASH_III[/MENTION], I've had a similar issue where it rubs on the inner arch slightly when I put the car on full lock. Other than that they fit perfect. The transformation to the handling is small yet noticeable.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
      Thanks for all the feedback guys!!

As hinted there by @harpz_s, the car is in the middle of being put back on the road after a bit of an incident 3 months ago with a wet road, bad tyres, and a tree in a ditch... it was not a good day for me. All these upcoming mods are as a result of that incident, so I guess it's all worked out for the best. Car is finished mechanically with my new upgrades fitted, now just waiting for some bits to be sprayed up and fitted. I will endeavour to get some pictures up once it is complete - most likely during the week before PVS.

Regarding the spacers @III_ASH_III, I've had a similar issue where it rubs on the inner arch slightly when I put the car on full lock. Other than that they fit perfect. The transformation to the handling is small yet noticeable.
      ahh good man [MENTION=368]The Law[/MENTION] at least the bulk of the work is done, deffo meet up when it's back on the road, really wanna see the beast in person

Quote Originally Posted by harpz_s View Post
      deffo meet up when it's back on the road, really wanna see the beast in person
      Sounds good [MENTION=211]harpz_s[/MENTION], i'll let you know mate!

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
      Sounds good @harpz_s, i'll let you know mate!
      can't wait

UPDATE TIME: So it's been longer than I had expected and hoped, but I now have the car back and I am absolutely over the moon with it!!! The paintwork is not 100% so needs to go back briefly to be sorted, and I have a few bits with the car that need fixing, but other than that everything is great!

So I've adopted the principle of replacing broken parts with upgraded parts where possible. The list of upgrades/updates are:
      - Smoothed VXR front bumper (smoothed out number plate recess and headlight washer covers)
      - Custom one-off VXR rear bumper
      - Carbon fibre dipped honeycomb grilles (front and back)
      - 8000K HID kit for fog lights
      - Vectra intake pipe
      - Forge front mount intercooler
      - TX Autosport twin core 38mm alloy radiator
      - Smoked LED side repeaters

Still to finish and fit:
      - XP kit side skirts
      - CDTI airbox conversion

I can honestly say I'm over the moon with the new look of the car, and I think I can safely say I'm the first person to ever have a VXR rear bumper made up for the Twintop Astra (given the bumpers are completely different in shape and size). I'll happily be proven wrong if someone has seen it done before!

Anyway, here are the all-important pictures!

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.9CDTI
      That is looking very sexy mate. Loving the smoothed front bumper. Great job on the rear bumper too, I've seen a couple of 5 doors with VXR rear bumpers but never a twintop (think the five door VXR bumpers are made of 2 bumpers cut in half with extra bits added in the middle)

So a brief update: I've finally had the paintwork completed to a standard I'm happy with, and I also got some XP kit side skirts fitted at the same time (be rude not to!).

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.9CDTI
      Truly stunning mate. Bet that turns heads where ever it goes.

Very nicely done.

That is gorgeous mate and finished to a very high level! Lovely motor lovely engine what more can you ask for.. Certainly want to see this in future meets

Vehicle
      Vauxhall astra
      Amazing looking car, if only I didn't have mrs/2 kids/big dog to ferry around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast