Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra
    Shoulda said earlier ant. They got it all off and in bits. I think they done tgat in purpose though as i told them to get it sortwd by 5pm or im picking it up and going else where so they juat ripped into it and made it un driveable so i couldnt do that and have no other option. Total a holes

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

M8 tbh I havnt got much spare time at the mo but been you was having sooooo much troble I would of had a look for ya if they dont sort it this time bring it to me and ill have a look for ya ok m8

Vehicle
      Astra
      Cheers pal. Its starting to look like im not gonna gave a car for pvs at all now.

Total joke now. Had a call from the garage saying they cant get the part and theyve gotta order it from germany and its gonna take 3 to 5 days to arrive.

Theyre taking the piss big time

Vehicle
      Astra SRi XP
      ask for the part number and source yourself?

Vehicle
      Astra
      got no chance now. i just want my car back, will sort it after pvs. this is the last weekend ive got to give the car a good wash and sort other things out, theyre just taking the p1$$ big time. asked them at half 2 today if they could re assemble it and gove me my car back, they said they would try but its getting late, it mite be tomorrow. GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR

i am never ever using a dealer again. im so angry rite now i could kill someone, they have left me no option atm as my car is in bits and they wont put it back together. what do i do??

Did it get sorted mate?

Vehicle
      Astra
      well it had a part replaced, but i think its still leaking. been on holiday so not had chance to look at it properly. had everything from pipes to the egr blank housing replaced so far. got a feeling its the head but cant afford it

Egr housing what egr ???????

Take a pic of this so called egr housing m8 will ya

Vehicle
      Astra
      will do tomorrow mate. its the aluminium block on the passengers side of the engine what the main coolant pipe from the tank to block goes to. its what had the egr on in earlier models. mk3 i think. it was deleted on the mk4 and just blanked off, in favour of the recirc valve on the turbo, on the m5 they havent even drilled the holes in it. but the housing is still there and there is still the hole in the block for the egr gasses to go. the egr needed a coolant feed to keep it cool, hence the housing, gm never removed the housing as it was cheaper to keep it than re design the block to take the coolant feed.

i questioned it with the mechanic and he called me in when he had it all dismantled and showed me

it is an aluminium block and has a steel pipe pressed into it what the coolant pipe connects to from the header tank. on the original he thought the steel pipe had corroded in the aluminium block and coolant was seeping out. it has been replaced with a brand new one from germany, but the leak is still there. the only other place it can be coming from is between the block and head as if you feel under it along the gap between the head and block its sopping wet through. you dry it up, and after a few miles of driving its all wet again. not gushing out, just seeping slowly, cant see anywhere obvious its coming from

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast