Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Squeaky Brakes

Vehicle
    Astra mk5 SRI

Squeaky Brakes

A few days ago I noticed a squeak when braking, as its under warranty I took it back. Vauxhall had a look at it and said everything is ok, almost new pads and disks. They also said there was a little rust on the rim of the disks which was prob causing the problem.

They said something about self cleaning, sounds a load of B******S to me. Anyways looked on the internet and it sounds like a common problem with the pads being to hard. thinking now maybe ive been fobbed off. Can anyone vouch for this before I take it back and give them a mouth full.

Its driving me up the wall Rant over haha

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Yeah they do go hard and squeek but if you didbt buy the car brand new i doubt they will replace pads under warrenty as its wear and tear item

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Maybe they just need some copper grease applying to the backs of the pads matey, you've not experienced brake squeal until you've been in my car

Vehicle
      Astra
      could also be the calipers poss needing a bit of grease in them. 'self cleaning' is bollox, but theyre probably referring to the fresh hard face wearing off and bedding in with takes a bit of time. give it a bit of time, if it continues have a word with [MENTION=3]Gairo[/MENTION], he will do a much better job than any garage

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 SRI
      Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      Maybe they just need some copper grease applying to the backs of the pads matey, you've not experienced brake squeal until you've been in my car
      That's what I said to vx. bloody useless. You take it to the dealers to get a so call professional service. what a load of trash.

Its worth a go that's for sure. might have to pop round if it continues Chris.

The only way to fix it is to change the pads, mine have done it from day 1

Vehicle
      Astra
      yeah, i took my car to them as the thermostat is leaking coolant out. they were supposed to have put a new gasket on it, and its still ruddy leaking. just checked the reciept and it says they have replaced an egr blanking plate gasket. didnt even know a petrol vxr had an egr lmao. thought they were on diesels, so goodness knows what what done.

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 SRI
      Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
      The only way to fix it is to change the pads, mine have done it from day 1
      What pads to put on tho? If it's a common vx problem I'm jot sticking their crap back on. Lol

Got to be honest I'm not impressed with the after sales at all. Had a few issues already and they have all been a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by holdensri100 View Post
      What pads to put on tho? If it's a common vx problem I'm jot sticking their crap back on. Lol

Got to be honest I'm not impressed with the after sales at all. Had a few issues already and they have all been a nightmare.
      Yeah vauxhall customer care is far from the best, my mate changed his to ebc red stuff pads and hasn't had a problem since

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Brake squeal is affected by pad compound but thats not the only factor, new pads may not cure it, they may be in need of some grease as said previously. I've had wilwood pads, EBC green stuff and mintex, if they're gonna squeal, they'll do it regardless.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast