that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      I win this one hands down by the sounds of it

I told you mine were far worse than anything you lot have to put up with
      Will try and get a recording of mine lol

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Think we should go for a Guinness world record then Breeze ? Loudest braking harmony/duet

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 SRI
      So went to vx today to ask about the brakes and guess what. (im waiting for people to say told you so lol.) anyway they said they have changed to brake pads and its a common fault. nothing they can do, so I started to have a little moan about a huge organisation and they carnt even sort this out etc.

In the end they did surgest something... New Pads lol. not kidding I laughed in her face. after a week ago getting told they are almost new. THANKS VX
      feels me with no confidence to get my car serviced at a main dealer. there no better these days than a back street garage.
      Going to doulble check first they are genuine pads and have a look to see If they look ok and all greased up.

Chris might get you to have a look

Squeaky Brakes

My bmw breaks used to do that so I changed them and put cheaper pads on and guess what... No noise but had to change them 12 months after

Vehicle
      Ok Seb, gimme a shout matey when you're ready

Vehicle
      I've started to have a go at my brakes today, I spoke to Rally Design who distribute the kit I'm running and they reckon if all other issues have been addressed then it could be down to the stand off bracket that converts the standard lug mounting to the Wilwood lug mounting. I've started on the drivers side to see if I can distinguish any difference, I've had the pads, caliper, carrier, adaptor plate and disc off today and I've swapped the M-Tec drilled and grooved disc for a standard one, had the pads on the bench grinder to chamfer the leading edges down, then copper greased it all up and chucked it all back together. It now seems to be a lot quieter on the off side so I think the discs might have a bit to do with it, I have noticed the drilled and grooved discs are destroying the edges of the pads as the Wilwood pads aren't chamfered from the factory. I'll report back tomorrow after I've done the same thing on the other side.

Vehicle
      Astra mk5 SRI
      Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      I've started to have a go at my brakes today, I spoke to Rally Design who distribute the kit I'm running and they reckon if all other issues have been addressed then it could be down to the stand off bracket that converts the standard lug mounting to the Wilwood lug mounting. I've started on the drivers side to see if I can distinguish any difference, I've had the pads, caliper, carrier, adaptor plate and disc off today and I've swapped the M-Tec drilled and grooved disc for a standard one, had the pads on the bench grinder to chamfer the leading edges down, then copper greased it all up and chucked it all back together. It now seems to be a lot quieter on the off side so I think the discs might have a bit to do with it, I have noticed the drilled and grooved discs are destroying the edges of the pads as the Wilwood pads aren't chamfered from the factory. I'll report back tomorrow after I've done the same thing on the other side.
      Sounds promising mate

Vehicle
      I forgot to say, having spoken to Rally Design, they're going to send me some new stainless steel ant squeal shims to have a go with and also a new set of mounting bolts to see if that helps to quieten things down in addition to what I've already done.

I've not got to the point that i've completely fallen out of love with this set up so at some point very soon they have to go, I'm ideally wanting to replace the Wilwood lug mounts with a set of Brembo radial mounts which means I can go up 3 or 4 discs sizes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3