Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate

Astra H factory alarm fault

My factory fit alarm has now decided to go off randomly, all on its own, exactly when it feels like it, usually when its dark.... And late.... And when the neighbours are all in bed and fast asleep
    last sunday it was 5:00am, random different times throughout this week and it got me up at 6:20am this morning
    I'm having to resort to leaving the car unlocked and thats a major concern for me as I can't now leave it anywhere without the risk of it being stripped
    i've checked for anything left on that could cause a voltage drop, i've checked the ultrasonics, they appear to be ok, i've tried disabling the ultrasonics and i've even tried not deadlocking the car with the ultrasonics disabled, any one got any ideas about what might be causing this, it hasn't shown any fault codes up either.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Power sounder battery is dead, I'd get it disconnected and off the car soon as the batteries can cause a fire

My dad had this problem on the vivaro mate.. Believe it or believe it not it turned out to be a spider setting off the ultrasonics... but you said it does it without the ultrasonics enabled so im unsure what to say really

Vehicle
      Various
      I had the same problem with my diesel a couple of months ago but its fixed itself now.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      There is a specific function in the REC which tells you what the last alarm triggers were. Not sure if it is available in opcom, but it is in tech2.

It doesn't raise fault codes as it doesn't believe it is faulty, but a sensor triggering the alarm.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Might need to come see you soon then [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION]

i've actually removed the ultrasonics from the car completely at the moment and so far its not gone off, I have also disconnected my 12v socket in the boot from the REC, taken out the led couprtesy and map reading lights to see if any of that makes a difference. The power sounder did cross my mind but not found any fault codes for it so far.

Vehicle
      Update: had the ultrasonics out for a day and charged the battery up, in hope that it might have some effect on the situation, alarm didn't go off over night but I pulled up outside a shop earlier which was on a slight upward gradient and it went off straight away, reset it and then pulled up outside the pub (again, on a slight upward gradient) about 10 minutes later and it's triggered again. I've had to leave it locked (minus the deadlocking) and its shut up for now. I'm really struggling to understand what might be causing this now

Just a thought, it may not affect you but, on the vectra estates, I am sure I have read something about the heated rear screens being part of the alarm system.
      They also suffer from exactly the same symptoms.
      Iirc, it's because on the estates the ultrasonic sensors do not reach into the boot compartment, so the heated screens were bought into play.
      Might be worth looking into...
      Hope this helps..

Also, if you plug it into tech 2 as already been said by [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] you will find out what the last thing that triggered the alarm was.
      [MENTION=3]Gairo[/MENTION]

Vehicle
      I've now added some packing to the under side of the bonnet to make sure that the plunger switch is fully engaged when the bonnet is closed, it seems to be ok more while the car is locked than when it's deadlocked, every time i dead lock it, it triggers the alarm, every time. Ironically, it's just triggered while only being locked. Im really losing my patience with it now.... and so are my neighbours.

Vehicle
      Alarm has still bloody well gone off again, so now I'm resolved to taking out the power sounder from under the scuttle panel in front of the windscreen. Got outside at 19:45 to start on it, first of all i ciuldn't get the scuttle panel up, then i couldnt get the wiper arms off, i've lost a serious amount of skin in the process but I have finally managed to get the power sounder out, its a sealed unit, well.... It was until i hit it with a hammer. I have 'removed' the rear of the casing and then in turn removed the 4.8v ni-mh battery, i then thought ooh i know, I'll leave the power sounder out and then if it does activate again then it'll just flash the indicators.... WRONG ! The ****ing horn is blaring away now which is even ****ing worse
      I've now removed the led interior bulbs, the ultrasonics, the 12v accessory socket thats plugged into the REC, made sure nothing is plugged into the cigarette lighter socket by the ash tray and i've checked the plugs in the rear windows for the break glass sensors in the load space behind the rear seats... I really don't know what else to do, what the hell could be causing this ? I absolutely HAVE to get this sorted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast