Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
    Dave, they'll need to be enabled with Tech 2 as otherwise they just light up for a split second and then go off every time you switch your headlights on.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      How have you got on [MENTION=517]TRIGGAR[/MENTION] ?

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi Chris, Just picked up the lights today...and to be honest well chuffed with them! Brand spanking new boxed genuine Hella Bi Xenons at a really cheap price!

Just waiting for some looms off Pecky and looking at the bulbs at the mo that Stealth listed in earlier post. Just a question Chris what do these smb led side lights look like in the light itself? as I'm wanting them to look clean from the front do you see them?, also are 55w H7 bulbs illegal as well? Only ever dealt with Halogens!

Also found out today driving to pick them up is that I can use my MP30 MP3 as a hands free phone through AUX. Driving along listening to music on the iphone, music stopped, phone rang, answered it and it came through the speakers, ended call and music came back on! Every day's a schools day!

Cheers Dave

Vehicle
      Hello Dave, well done and glad to hear you got them matey, don't buy 55w HID's, they're illegal for road use, 35w are fine and far outperform a standard 55w halogen anyway.

yeah they work ok for HF but depends on the quality of the microphone in your phone, still better than a fine and 3 points though eh ?

the sidelight bulbs will be on show mate but aren't too noticeable really, just don't be tempted to buy tower led's with 20 and 30 led's on as they are too long and won't fit. Also make sure you buy half decent ones as the 99p jobbies last all of 2 minutes, mine were off ebay a while ago and cost me about £5 with postage if i recall

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi Chris,

Just looking at the HID kit suggested by Stealth http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/d2-canb...t-dipped-beam/
      and wondering how they fit into the main bulb when you take the cover off? Looking inside the xenons where the ignitor goes there is a plug in lead that plugs into the ignitor, what would you do with that lead? Also would you have to drill a hole in the cover to the main bulb to put the lead through?

Cheers Dave

Vehicle
      If you're fitting an aftermarket HID kit, you'll need to plug the red and black terminals from the ballast into the socket where the H7 bulb normally sits then you feed the remaining cables through a hole in the rear cover, I think I drilled a 22 or 25mm hole and then the attached grommet on the HID bulb fills that hole nicely. If you happen to get slim ballasts then some chose to fit everything behind the cover to save drilling any holes

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi Chris,

Just an update where I am with the Bi Xenons! Manage to get some Hella ballasts and Hella ignitors quite cheap for them. Waiting on Pecky for some looms to be made ans just looking at the mo for the bulbs.
      Going down the 43000k as your suggestion for the D2S and H7 but what smd sidelight bulbs would you recommed for the colour match? Seen some on hids direct which are W5W 501/T10 which I like the design but says that they are really bright! would these be OK or would these have a bluey hue to them? Would like them all to match.

Cheers Chris
      Dave

Vehicle
      [MENTION=517]TRIGGAR[/MENTION]

Hi Dave, thanks for letting us know mate, well done on getting genuine ballasts etc, good choice on the 4300k's too

To be honest, LED sidelights are a bit of a gamble in regards to colour, I've had a several sets and they've all been different colours, it's a bit of a mixed bag what you end up with so just take the plunge and see how you get on

Vehicle
      astra h sri xp
      Like Chris says bit of a mixed bag with the LEDs, you could get a pair that's bang on first time or you could end up constantly searching for the ones you feel are the best

Vehicle
      Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
      Hi Guys, All ready to go with the Bi Xenons! Pecky's looms have arrived, ballasts and ignitors have arrived. Just a bit confused with the H7 hi low dipped beam bulb??? call me thick if you want!

Do I need the H7 35w hid bulbs or a normal H7 halogen bulbs? Going for the 43000K D2S and would like everything to match if poss? Seen some H7 43000k hid bulbs 35w but they have wires on the end, and seen some H7 halogens with a 43500k light output 55w? Which ones would I need?? Any advice or links would greatly help!

Triggar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast