Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

1.9 CDTI - Glow Plugs

Hi there guys,

Many of you might already know that I am the happy owner of a Astra H 1.9 cdti 150bhp.

When bought the car, the pedal test showed the code 38008 - Glow Plugs.

Using a Error Code reader cleared all the erros and this exact code come back on.

The car is starting well when cold but I want everything right so I am thinking of changing the glow plugs.

What are the OEM glow plugs in this engine? Got the idea they are Bosch ones? Is there any particular glow plug that will perform better?

Also guys, do you know of any DIY for replacing glow plugs in this engine? Is it a easy job for a average person, with minimal mechanics knowledge to perform?

Thanks guys

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      It's not a particularly difficult job matey, it's been done by a few members here, I recall [MENTION=2]Thunderpantz[/MENTION] having done it and he'll tell you himself, he's not a self proclaimed mechanic but he did it with no issues. I think you're right that they are Bosch glowplugs, unfortunately your location is a mystery as you opted for 'UK' on your location but you could try KRP Supplies in Dudley, they are an independent Vauxhall spares company, if you tell them that you were referred from West Midlands Vauxhall Owners Club then they should sort you out on price

Quote Originally Posted by Merry 'Chris' mas View Post
      It's not a particularly difficult job matey, it's been done by a few members here, I recall @Thunderpantz having done it and he'll tell you himself, he's not a self proclaimed mechanic but he did it with no issues. I think you're right that they are Bosch glowplugs, unfortunately your location is a mystery as you opted for 'UK' on your location but you could try KRP Supplies in Dudley, they are an independent Vauxhall spares company, if you tell them that you were referred from West Midlands Vauxhall Owners Club then they should sort you out on price
      sounds great mate,

I am from Wolverhampton so dudley is a good location, might give them a ring a see thank you again

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Excellent buddy, I don't know when he'll appear but I've tagged Edd (Thunderpantz is his user name) in that last post so he should see this and then he can tell you in his own words how it was for him

Where about in Wolves are you from ?

Vehicle
      Vectra VXR Estate
      I'm I'm right m8, euro car parts are currently having a 50% off sale too if that's helpful

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Merry 'Chris' mas View Post
      Excellent buddy, I don't know when he'll appear but I've tagged Edd (Thunderpantz is his user name) in that last post so he should see this and then he can tell you in his own words how it was for him

Where about in Wolves are you from ?
      Cheers buddy,

I live close to Shifnal to be precise but work in Wolverhampton.

Quote Originally Posted by tifty101 View Post
      I'm I'm right m8, euro car parts are currently having a 50% off sale too if that's helpful

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD
      Hi mate and thanks for your comment.
      just been to their website and couldn't see that discount, is it over now?

thanks again matey

Club Member (Formerly Tippz) KraZed's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by AFCB View Post
      Hi mate and thanks for your comment.
      just been to their website and couldn't see that discount, is it over now?

thanks again matey
      I think the sale ended at midnight last night mate but over the last few weeks they have been having sales pretty much weekly so wouldn't surprise me if we see another one very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KraZed View Post
      I think the sale ended at midnight last night mate but over the last few weeks they have been having sales pretty much weekly so wouldn't surprise me if we see another one very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks for telling me this mate, I will keep an eye on their website =)

Vehicle
      Various
      Ive changed them on my 1.9 and 1.7. Fairly easy job to do. Just be gentle when undoing them. Glow plugs can snap if theyve been done up too tight and if they do your stuck. If you dont want the hassle then pop to a garage and get them changed. Shouldnt cost you any more than £10 really for labour.