Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Need advice quick, that time of year again

My car is booked in for its mot tomorrow, the problem being that the existing mot has expired and obviously now the car isn't legal to be on the road. As far as I am aware I am fine to drive the car to the car directly to the garage, but in the worst case scenario and the car fails, how do I go about getting it home etc. had an absolute mare with the banks so I can't actually make a payment for anything until they sort my new card out... Bit panicky to say the least haha

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

You can legally drive it to the garage but once it's there it can't be driven out unless it has an mot mate

Vehicle
      Astra Sporthatch 1.8 SRI XP
      I heard you can drive it to and from MOT's. My brothers old car we drove home and back to an MOT garage after it failed with no MOT im sure we did

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Ryan, i wouldn't worry too much mate, if a copper stopped you on your way home for no MOT after failing then he would have to be having the day from hell to actually give you a ticket, how on earth are you supposed to get it home otherwise ????

Cheers lads, fingers crossed it passes and I won't have to worry haha

Vehicle
      Astra mk 5 1.9 cdti
      Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      Ryan, i wouldn't worry too much mate, if a copper stopped you on your way home for no MOT after failing then he would have to be having the day from hell to actually give you a ticket, how on earth are you supposed to get it home otherwise ????
      Exactly Ryan, as Chris said you cant just leave it there can you haha... i wouldnt worry dude!

Club Member (Formerly Tippz) KraZed's Avatar
      How did ya get on mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha no lads unfortunately not, new wheel bearings (near side rear) new tyre on the same side and a cracked ball joint. Never mind, all comes with owning a car! Not fussed really, haven't had to spend a penny in a year (touch wood) so it's just one of those things! Laughed in the mans face when he quoted me £150 for a new suspension arm, took the keys off him and drove it home. Halfrauds wanted £400 to fix the car... Jokers! It's booked in at a different for tomorrow £150 for the lot! Don't intend on keeping it for much longer now that my insurance quote is in place and job is secure, so I'm going to get it safe and then sell the car (depending on the outcome of Fridays chat with the manager at seat) so fingers crossed I could have the new car sorted very soon! I'd rather have the car in a safe condition, can't put a price on life so £150 isn't too much of a dent! Cheers lads

Car is sorted, mot passed and I'm safe to be on the road again. Happy days