Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Problems with Loss of Power on Zafira 2.0 DTi 2004

Hi All. Been reading up on the forums and seems to be a common problem, loss of power, black soot from exhaust. I'm having to do this myself as I can't afford to take it back to the garages again. Its been into two garages one said its the ECU and its gonna cost you £580. So I stripped down the EGR and gave it it a good clean using Carb cleaner, all seemed to work for a couple of days on came the spanner light and no power, limped home. Took it to another garage he cleaned the EGR and removed ERG fault codes, Again after two days back to square one. He did say the swirl flats were in bad condition. I check all the vacuum pipes, taped up a few worn bits, cleaned the air intake pipes and to engine all OK. This last week it breaking down every few miles and found the ERG valve was sticking in both closed and open positions so either black soot or white smoke from the exhaust. I have order a new EGR valve.
    From some of the replies on here that the swirl flaps need to be clean, but the one mentions they where on the external to the engine, mine are inside. What I would like to know can the swirl flaps be cleaned in situ, do I remove the whole manifold, if worn can I replaced just the swirl flaps or do I have to buy a new lower manifold, where can I get it from and how much, I also not from the manual that I have to replace the nuts, what nuts are these and where can I get them from, as most places I have approached don't know what I'm talking about.
    I also read on another forum that Zafira have a return fuel line filter? which can cause carbon problems, not mentioned in Haynes manual, where is this and again can't see any for sale.
    Help gratefully received