Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: My Sri Corsa D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Fenning View Post
    Came off Junction 7 of the M6 today on the way to work, a truck decided to drop a massive rock onto the road. I couldn't avoid it and It clattered the underneath of my car, I stopped straight away and checked it wasn't the sump as my car is so low, and it wasn't luckily but my subframe brace had been badly bent and god knows what more. Luckily I got my car into work after I had clocked off and straightened out the subframe brace, checked the rest of it over and no other damage was found.
    Result! Lucky escape for the corsa I think
    Ouch! It won't be the sump mate, on the newer engines the sump sits higher than the subframe, it would have to go through it to hit it, check the gearbox mount if anything , without modifications the bottom of it sits underneath the subframe brace itself and that's how they snap, how do you think I feel I'm lower and scrape going down my street

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Sounds like it coulda been much worse Paul, you were lucky matey

could of been alot worse mate.. glad its sorted! i sometimes think lorries loads dont look safe when i drive past....

Quote Originally Posted by Dawkins_1 View Post
      Ouch! It won't be the sump mate, on the newer engines the sump sits higher than the subframe, it would have to go through it to hit it, check the gearbox mount if anything , without modifications the bottom of it sits underneath the subframe brace itself and that's how they snap, how do you think I feel I'm lower and scrape going down my street
      I noticed once I looked under that thankfully the sump was quite high up! Also, where the rock hit my subframe brace was about 2inches to the side of the gearbox mount, phew!

Everybody at my work said that If I'd have carried on and got the trucks reg and company name etc I could've got the money for any repairs (which wasn't needed in the end) off the company but I stopped instantly incase it was my sump or something worse.

Glad not to much damage was done mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A few little updates but nothing major. Fitted a stubby ariel and tinted side repeaters, but most of all fitted tinted plates and holders and footwell lights.

Took the glove box out in order to run the cables neatly and securely then the stereo to pass the cable through the centre It looks like i have twist 'n' taped but thats tape over the heat shrinks and connectors!

These are my tinted plates with surrounds.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6