Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra Sporthatch 1.8 SRI XP

ANOTHER Problem with the VXR

Evening all,

Really getting of sick of all the issues with my Arctic, love driving it but soooo many problems in 3 months, nothing on my old one in 4+ years

Now the gear stick is moving back slightly when pulling off in first!

And starting yesterday a bump/knock noise when turning the steering wheel, most obvious when stationary or slow speed, can be felt through the wheel and pedals

Any ideas?

Will get it looked at when the manifold & turbo are changed in a few weeks but any ideas what that steering thing is?

Really worried as car out of warranty in September and can see it costing me a fortune :cry:

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Sounds like the stabilizer strut at the rear of the box by driveshafts for the gear stick movement. As for knock could not say. Too much possibilities to list. Good luck mate. Will sort it for ya I hope.

Doesn't the VXR have the same box as the 1.9 150 ? could be bearings, Thats one of the symptoms you have with the movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iv not come across gear lever movement on m32 boxes being caused by the bearings. Can't see how bearings would affect this.

Vehicle
      It only drops back slightly when pulling off and then stays still, only in first, and no whine in any gears or anything

Vehicle
      Gotta see about getting the parts for the manifold sent down to a more local dealer or getting a courtesy car from Barnsley aswell

Get it in to the dealers and demand your issues are sorted , could be front engine mount , i have similar gearstick movement , dont forget your planting alot of power down when pulling away ,
      but id get them to look at it as you say you got a few months left to sort it out , doesnt sound like big issues , just things you notice , theres a lad at brindley vauxhall who is **** hot on vxrs , raggy is his name ,

Don't worry about the warranty running out, as long as they have a record of your issues on the system. That way they should waiver the warranty period on the complaints with the vehicle due to the fact that the problems were the prior to it running out.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by astrasonly View Post
      Iv not come across gear lever movement on m32 boxes being caused by the bearings. Can't see how bearings would affect this.
      Your kidding right?

Pretty much every M32 failure with gearstick movement is down to the bearings.

http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/2010/0...-1-9-cdti-vxr/

When the bearing starts to fail, when you apply power the shaft with 1st on it can move up and down, this moves the selector with it which transfers to the gearstick.

I wouldn't worry about a small movement, its when it's a cm or 2 that shows the bearings are on their way out.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Ad, i also said this to you last week mate, you need to demand they're sorted, thats what warranty is for, also stress the fact that you are losing holiday at work due to having to take time off to travel, plus travel costs incurred, plus inconvenience caused, if they play up, you then demand your money back as the car isn't fit for the purpose under the sale of goods act 1974. Also get trading standards involved if necessary, this is over 10 grand of your money, tied up in the second biggest outlay you'll ever have (after a mortgage) and that deserves some attention purely for the fact that you have already had more than one major set back...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!