Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Vectra VXR Estate
    As Chris said m8, you need rip em a new one as that's not acceptable for what you've paid!

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra TT 1.9 CDTI (150)
      Tell them you need it recovered to a garage of their choice, you have no holiday left at work to take off, you are not parting with any cash so they must pay for any repairs directly... (Not you pay ad they refund you) cause it will take months

In the first 6 months of purchase the responsibility is with them.............. but as I found out after purchasing my Astra, They didn't want to know me once I bought it. Tried refusing the car, but all I got was, Take us to court.

But I then got all my problems sorted using a different dealer, but I lost time & money in the process.
      A brief nod to SOGA, worth threatening them with it.
      http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...aulty-product/

My letter, amend and send, at least threaten them, it might scare them to start the ball rolling to sort your issues.

Your Address

Tel: Your Number

To whom it may Concern

I am writing this letter to inform you that I wish to reject the car purchased from you in Part exchange on (Purchase date).

I purchased this vehicle under the knowledge that it was, as stated in the sales of goods act 1979
      · of satisfactory quality;
      · fit for its purpose, including any particular purpose made known, and
      · as described.

Within not even 1 hour of owning this car I encountered a major problem with the Clutch. Luckily I was driving alone on a motorway when I discovered this fault. Had I been travelling with my family, I fear the situation could have become a lot worse. This is not the kind of incident to fill me with confidence that the vehicle purchased is not going to encounter more faults over a short period of time.

Upon returning the car to you, you agreed that the vehicle needed looking at, in my opinion this proves that the vehicle is defective in some way. The goods were not acceptable when sold.

I have contacted the citizen’s advice bureaus who have confirmed that:
      “under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 if goods are faulty, not fit for their purpose or misdescribed, you have, for a short time after purchase, a right to reject them and get a refund of the purchase price. Therefore, if you have only had the car for a very short time, have only driven a few miles and you discover a major problem, you are probably entitled to reject it and get your money back plus the return of a ‘traded in’ car, if there was one, or its value if it has been disposed of.”

I am rejecting this car and demanding a refund as well as the return of my traded in car. I feel that I am now very inconvenienced and also out of pocket, as after leaving the dealership today I filled up this vehicle with £20 of diesel.

I consider a problem with the clutch to fall under the ‘Major Fault’ category, and as the fault occurred the same day the vehicle was purchased, I feel well within my rights to request the above.

Kind Regards

Your Name.

Vehicle
      Astra Sporthatch 1.8 SRI XP
      Thanks for all the help guys Ringing them at 3 so fingers crossed!

Not being 25 im guessing not easy to get a courtsey car due to insurance so not sure how im gonna sort it

Are they likely to send the parts to a more local dealer to fix?

Vehicle
      Spoke to Barnsley, saying because its manu warrenty VX send the parts to them, so would have to send the parts back and then my local dealer order them?

Gonna have to take it to a local dealer about the current issue and the new issues, show them the cracked manifold and hope they agree to order the parts aswell?

**Update**

Booked into Dudley VX next week, told them that the car has already been looked at and been told warranty for the manifold (heat shield left off so can show them) and ask them to look at the other issues.

Still a nightmare but im hoping they will agree to do it, that way the car is only 5 miles away not 200

Club Member (Formerly Tippz) KraZed's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam_VXR View Post
      Thanks for all the help guys Ringing them at 3 so fingers crossed!

Not being 25 im guessing not easy to get a courtsey car due to insurance so not sure how im gonna sort it

Are they likely to send the parts to a more local dealer to fix?
      You shouldn't have too many issues getting a courtesy car, I am a couple years younger than you and had one a few months ago with no problems whatsoever

Vehicle
      Astra TT 1.9 CDTI (150)
      21 for hire car Adam.

Wouldn't have booked it in with Dudley vauxhall Ad, hope you get it sorted soon tho so you can start enjoying the car

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by Luckett View Post
      21 for hire car Adam.
      Ahhhh that's good then

Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
      Wouldn't have booked it in with Dudley vauxhall Ad, hope you get it sorted soon tho so you can start enjoying the car
      Didn't know who else to take it to Stourbridge already screwed me over, T Wall have messed Brogan and my dad around before, bloody dealers :cry:

Thanks, me too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!