Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Audio upgrades

Vehicle
    Astra mk 5 1.9 cdti

Audio upgrades

Hey guys, I'm not very good in this department so I could do with your advice on this:

Basically I'd like to upgrade my sound system but I dont really want to change the CD30 as I like the look, soooo I was wondering if there was anything that can be done to improve sound quality at a higher volume level.

lots of love
    Rich x

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

uprating the door speakers and patching in a sub is an option, but the sub wont be too great as it wont be on a proper connection, the cd30 has no pre outs

Vehicle
      Astra mk 5 1.9 cdti
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      uprating the door speakers and patching in a sub is an option, but the sub wont be too great as it wont be on a proper connection, the cd30 has no pre outs
      I don't want massive bass anyway tbh, jus a bit more than what it already has. So updating the speakers to some decent ones should make a difference? Any you'd recommend?

Vehicle
      Astra Sporthatch 1.8 SRI XP
      My understanding is that due to low power output on the CD30 upgrading speakers won't really help

Vehicle
      Astra mk 5 1.9 cdti
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam_VXR View Post
      My understanding is that due to low power output on the CD30 upgrading speakers won't really help
      Aww but I don't want a different unit in her lol

not too sure on that one, when i had a cd30 i wasnt too bothered as long as i could play music, anytime ive wanted a good system ive always changed the headunit first

Vehicle
      zafira b
      You can wire in a small amp to power updated speakers but you will have to cut the radio loom and speaker cables. There are small looms to enable you to input into an amp but it's a lot of wiring and the sound won't be as good as using a propper output.

Other option is to swap the CD30 with a CD30mp3 that has the aux socket and then you can connect an iPod or mp3 player to.

Vehicle
      Astra mk 5 1.9 cdti
      Quote Originally Posted by Paulwhite1987 View Post
      You can wire in a small amp to power updated speakers but you will have to cut the radio loom and speaker cables. There are small looms to enable you to input into an amp but it's a lot of wiring and the sound won't be as good as using a propper output.

Other option is to swap the CD30 with a CD30mp3 that has the aux socket and then you can connect an iPod or no3 player too.
      That sounds like a lot of work compared to just changing a head unit tbh haha. Does anyone know any decent units that go nice with the silver dash trim?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vehicle
      zafira b
      I did it in my old Mondeo and sounds like more work than it actually Is. Only really cut the front speaker wires and join the ready made connector and that will give.you the red and white rca sockets to join to an amp input. Then wire an amp in the normal way

Vehicle
      Astra mk 5 1.9 cdti
      Quote Originally Posted by Paulwhite1987 View Post
      I did it in my old Mondeo and sounds like more work than it actually Is. Only really cut the front speaker wires and join the ready made connector and that will give.you the red and white rca sockets to join to an amp input. Then wire an amp in the normal way
      Ohh ok, I'd still probably end up asking some one on here to do it haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!