Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

VXR Heated Seats in MK4

Hi guys, my name is Justin, I am from SA, and new to the WMVX group, how you all. I have read the following thread regarding retrofitting heated seats in a VXR, with hopes of finding info on the plugs if they may be the same as in the MK4. http://www.wmvx.club/forum/showthrea...Seats-(Astra-H) but could not find hat I was looking for. it seems you all know, according to the How-To, a lot in terms of the electrics, and wanted to asked how the heated seat switches, and plugs, differ from the MK4 set? and if they do, how would you get them to heat up in the MK4? would I need to retro fit the MK5 switches too? and change everything? Some Advice would be great guys.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

hi and welcome to wmvx , i dont think the mk4 plugs are the same as the mk5 m8 but someone will be along soon to tell you more

Quote Originally Posted by ANT-VXR View Post
      hi and welcome to wmvx , i dont think the mk4 plugs are the same as the mk5 m8 but someone will be along soon to tell you more
      Thanks for the welcome bud, im very keen on this as I want to fit VXR leather seats in the coupe, I have seen it been done, but I am not sure if the seat pretensioner plugs and heated seats will still be able to plug in, that's why I am interested to find out, I know an Auto-Electrician in my block, so I may ask him also on the weekend. Thanks for the welcome, can I ask why the "enter" button doesn't allow me to drop down a line when writing? lol

Vehicle
      Signum 1.9cdti
      Quote Originally Posted by General.Massacre View Post
      Thanks for the welcome bud, im very keen on this as I want to fit VXR leather seats in the coupe, I have seen it been done, but I am not sure if the seat pretensioner plugs and heated seats will still be able to plug in, that's why I am interested to find out, I know an Auto-Electrician in my block, so I may ask him also on the weekend. Thanks for the welcome, can I ask why the "enter" button doesn't allow me to drop down a line when writing? lol
      Erm, It

Does

But as Ant said, someone will be along to help you buddy. Welcome!

LOL, doesn't drop down a line for me, and yes it is working on any other text field I use. lol weird.

Vehicle
      Astra Sporthatch 1.8 SRI XP
      Quote Originally Posted by General.Massacre View Post
      LOL, doesn't drop down a line for me, and yes it is working on any other text field I use. lol weird.
      I have the same issue at home. But its fine here at work

ah well, not a big issue, bigger issues are the seats haha, enter works on my iPad fine it seams. lol