Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Engines & engine mods

Do vauxhall use the same engines in their different models, for example the c20let, would they bang that in a Astra & a Vectra as well? reason I'm asking is I've got the 2.2 vectra, but there is bugger all stuff for it, eg samco kit. But if there was a 2.2 Astra engine that was the same code as the Vectra, in theory I should be able to cross parts over???

Thanks

Matt

Vehicle
    Various
    They did in the MK4 so best to look that direction

They made a 2.2 sri mk4 astra.. They also made a non turbo gsi 2.0 16v mk4 but they were made to order.. Never seen one

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-GSi View Post
    They made a 2.2 sri mk4 astra.. They also made a non turbo gsi 2.0 16v mk4 but they were made to order.. Never seen one
    if i ever seen one of these i would think it was a diy job

Yeah best bet is for a 2.2 Sri astra mk4
    funny you saying about the non turbo gsi I went to buy one over Cannock way a silver gsi and didn't have a z20let in it and the woman had it from new

Can you recommend any sites for me, looked at demon tweeks, thorney, regal, courtenay & can't find naff all, can find a few things for a z22se but thats vectra B, not sure if its the same code for a vectra c

I think it is the same code z22se on the earlier ones there is also a z22yh I would just ring your dealer for a code to be on the safe side

Engines & engine mods

Depends on the age of the vec c, the early one was the z22se, later ones were y22se( I think) for non direct and z22yh for the direct engine. The z22se has its own dedicated forum www.z22se.co.uk, you can supercharge that engine and it gives good figures

If its a direct z22yh, best person to speak to is scotty84 as he did a fair bit on his yh including finally getting it mapped after a lot of hassle with people refusing to touch it

Engines & engine mods

I think I've seen one a long time ago, was basically an Sri with the gsi extras

Its a 52 standard(not direct) funnily enough I just looked at that website lol, Don't really want to do to much with regards to forced induction, amount of stuff you have to do is unreal, internals, oil coolers, oil boost pipes blah blah blah, I know the engine bay is roomy but I don't think its that roomy lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast