Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Its a 52 standard(not direct) funnily enough I just looked at that website lol, Don't really want to do to much with regards to forced induction, amount of stuff you have to do is unreal, internals, oil coolers, oil boost pipes blah blah blah, I know the engine bay is roomy but I don't think its that roomy lol

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

The one I saw was a basically a Sri with gsi badges and gsi on the v5

Engines & engine mods

You don't need to do as you think as long as you keep it to low boost, I know a pair of vec b lads who have built their own kits on their cars, just got the ecu done by courtenay all for under 1k

What iv done with mine is brought hoses from ash hoses singley from eBay for my mk2 astra restoration. Check them out on the forum. Found this to be a cheaper way of doing it.

You can also supercharge the 2.2 engines

Iv heard this too. With no internal engine change. Don't trust it without low compression pistols Tbh.

Engines & engine mods

Quote Originally Posted by astrasonly View Post
      What iv done with mine is brought hoses from ash hoses singley from eBay for my mk2 astra restoration. Check them out on the forum. Found this to be a cheaper way of doing it.
      I've used them but colours are limited, I used derby performance hoses for mine as its an unusual colour

I had a 2.2 Mk4 Coupe and that was a Z22SE. Lovely engine, quiet and torquey but as you said, bugger all to really throw at it. From what I can remember (spent a lot of time looking into tuning that car and in the end I sold it), the 2.2 was in the VX220 as well. I'm sure I read somewhere that the 2.2 was originally developed for motorsport (hence the aluminium block, to keep weight down) but it was redeveloped as a sort of replacement for the V6 (better emissions ect) with a heavier flywheel (mid-range torque) and a cam-chain (longer service intervals). I remember in the book that came with the car, services were once every 20k and it was still on its original chain when I sold it with 76k on the clock. Lovely car, but a tad boring and not easy to mod engine wise

If I recall the lump had problems with the balance shafts. The separate chain use to jump.

Engines & engine mods

The 2.2 was supposed to be released in the gsi instead of the zlet but In supercharged form but it didn't get approval in time for release

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast