Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

astra van heater problems

right... I have my mk4 astra van 1.7dti as some of u may have seen but i have a problem with the heaters as there blowing cold and i carnt understand why iv changed the thermostat and iv checked all the water pipes and there all hot apart from the ones that go into the heater matrix the bottom one isnt flowing any water but the temperature is fine running just under half way as it should and the top pipe is running water into the heater matrix but its stopping there and not flowing back out
    this happend after i found out i had a leaking rad and i ran it without water and antifreeze for around 2days without knowing
    if anyone could help that would be great as im puzzled and im pretty handy with cars thanks

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      2005 Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI 150
      Quote Originally Posted by Luke A View Post
      right... I have my mk4 astra van 1.7dti as some of u may have seen but i have a problem with the heaters as there blowing cold and i carnt understand why iv changed the thermostat and iv checked all the water pipes and there all hot apart from the ones that go into the heater matrix the bottom one isnt flowing any water but the temperature is fine running just under half way as it should and the top pipe is running water into the heater matrix but its stopping there and not flowing back out
      this happend after i found out i had a leaking rad and i ran it without water and antifreeze for around 2days without knowing
      if anyone could help that would be great as im puzzled and im pretty handy with cars thanks
      hi mate get a preassure test done on it see if theres a leaky pipe somewhere? is your coolant holding ok aswell ?

yhyhh mate iv had a compression test and its not the head gasket it aslo doesnt bubble when iv drove it abit aswell witch is a good sign means no air lock or anything init
      i was thinking around the heater matrix area somewhere blocked or somethin but what could be blocking it because waters going in and not flowing back out

Vehicle
      astra h sri xp
      i would check the heater matrix sounds like it could be blocked

Heater resistor matey also known as the hedghog