Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra

astra H FOG light HID

hey guys, whats the best HID kit i can get for my fog lights? wanna make them match my afls now, looking at 4300k really to keep the colours the same. do i need canbus compatible kits for the fog lights?? also where can i get them from? links would be much appreciated. and are they difficult to wire up?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      HID's direct will sell you an excellent quality kit for about 60 quid or you could try ebay for a 30 quid set which others have had good results with, i list HID fitting on my price list if you need them fitting, usually a bumper off job

Vehicle
      Astra
      ok cheers mate. just not sure which are good kits etc. its just a pipeline idea atm, as you dont really use fogs much so not sure if a hid kit will be worth the money.

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Theres a few have converted to hid's now but personally i changed mine back to halogen. If you just want a look, go for LED's although they will look great, they give out naff all usable light
      My headlights kit from HID's direct is still going strong after 2 years and was about 70 quid

Vehicle
      Various
      You've seen mine haven't you? Ive got 8000 in both my headlights and fogs.

Vehicle
      Astra Sporthatch 1.8 SRI XP
      This is the kit i have;

Matches my 6000K Bi-Xenons perfectly and seems good quality, fitted by Chris and SMiffy

I've just ordered a set of 7.5W LED's for my fogs, just waiting for them to come They were off ebay from hong kong but all my sidelights and LED's are from hong kong.

I was thinking about HIDs in my fogs but then spotted these so will put pics up when i get them.

The reason i'm using LED's in my fogs is beacause i think my 10k HID's give plenty of light down the dark lanes

Vehicle
      Astra
      I want decent light output hence hids and want them to match the bulbs in my xenon afls as they look totally pants now haha. Yeah ive seen yours adz. I dont want 8k though, im quite happy with the 4300k thats standard on the afls i got from you. They look mint by the way, cheers for them!!

Vehicle
      Various
      Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
      I want decent light output hence hids and want them to match the bulbs in my xenon afls as they look totally pants now haha. Yeah ive seen yours adz. I dont want 8k though, im quite happy with the 4300k thats standard on the afls i got from you. They look mint by the way, cheers for them!!
      No probz mate..

As for the LEDs, they will look slightly more blue than your 4300K HID's in your AFL's

Vehicle
      Astra
      I want to go down the HID route. Just want to get a good kit that will work with the cars canbus and not flicker or burn out etc. As fot k temp like i say happy with the 4300k in my headlights so just want it all to match. Just worried about the glare it might cause. Also will it pass mot with hid fog lights?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast