Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra

Skydivers Astra H Progress Thread

so, been here a few weeks now and thought it would be time to show off my motor, and update mods as i go. PIC HEAVY

bought the car back in march, Red 3dr Astra H 1.8 vvt (140) SRi
    pretty much a standard car with no real extras other than the usual SRi extras really. here she is when i got it, pics taken at the dealers

so the first thing i changed was the number plates as i thought they looked too plain and bland, got me some carbon gel plates and surrounds

i then upgraded the interior lighting to LED bulbs only done the front so far so you can see the difference between the front and rear light, they look so much brighter and better

i very quickly got bored of the horrible orange screen vauxs come fitted with, and found it was possible to fit a glorious technicolour CID screen, so onto ebay found one, and got it fitted and tech 2'd and at the same time had cruise control installed, check control activated on the screen for bulb warnings (need to get the sensors for the full whammy) also had anti hijack door locks enabled, and anything else you can enable with tech 2

before

after

future plan is to visit stampede and get a full SMD conversion (blue and red, with a bit of green) when i finish other things off will finish the dash nicely

then she stood like that for a few months, and i got an idea to fit a vxr intake and K&N panel filter

before

after

not really noticed much of a power gain at all (but who is gonna notice 2/3Hp?? but it does seem to respond better on the throttle and accelerate a little quicker so not bad for a few quid.

also added Insignia washer jets at the same time, not got any pics but we all know what they look like and do

soon after i started getting pretty bored with the standard wheels, and saw the pentas and fell in love! managed to get a set but not in the greatest condition and needed a full refurb
    before

After

the tyres they had fitted were too small for me (215/35/18), and wernt in the greatest condition, one was buldging on the sidwall so unsafe (MOT fail), one low on tread, and 2 were grinded down on one edge where they have rubbed. so now had to save for 4 tyres for a while (225/40/18).

whilst saving, other things kept cropping up as they do, got some vxr indicator surrounds of the good ol bay, so gave her a clean and stuck em on followed by a good polish and wax

i aslo saw some team hecko wind deflectors for grabs so got hold of them and fitted them

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Nice matey

Vehicle
      Astra
      finally got the money together to get 4 tyres. then these came up and couldnt help my self

just in the process of getting some VXR shocks, and they will be fitted, followed by a RARB when i get my hands on one. so once again the saving for tyres commences.

finally got the money again, and though before i buy anything else get they tyres bought and paid for, so got 4 Falken FK452s from camskill then this weekend had the tyres fitted, balanced and shoved on the car, and heres as she stands now

small update, now got my hands on a whiteline adjustable RARB and VXR shocks, so im all sety to get the suspension lowered now, happy days!!

got a genuine sapphire black boot strip like the ones fitted to the burgs, so got it fitted, looks great now. just need to decide what im gonna do with the badge, cant decide between removing it, or getting a black one too. i quite like it been there, but looks nice with out too

heres the new strip

before

after

picked this up quite cheap

got the astra lowered today on eibach sportlines and vxr shocks, long day indeed, but looks the dogs now

before

after

Vehicle
      Various
      Ohh welcome to :wmvx: James.. Nice of you to join up

Vehicle
      astra h sri xp
      looking good matey!

Vehicle
      Astra
      i picked these up quite cheaply, so had to get them fitted as soon as i could. the rears were a rite PITA. Genuine VXRacing door cards, with leather, red stitching and carbon strip.

i then decided to hunt down full piano black interior. managed to get all this at a decent price

next up which now brings us up to date was getting the XP kit ive had for a while sprayed up and fitted.

prep:

Paint

Fit

Vehicle
      astra mk5 1.7 cdti
      yAY ... you joined up matey , great to see you today and i saw it in flesh today and it looks brilliant..look forward to seeing you again on the next meet on here..

post up some pics of your smd

Vehicle
      Astra
      cheers habi mate!! was great to meet you too. said id sign up didnt i!! just getting to the smd update, having lodsa trouble with photobucket not loading images properly. doing my nut in. they keep coming up with a little x

Vehicle
      astra mk5 1.7 cdti
      Takes a bit of time loading up , took me 20 min lol glad you joined up, we are like a family on here and always happy to lend yiu a hand , ask chris about fitting the thing that you wanted doing on the home page you will see CG SERVICES , he is not far from you.you can join the red crew.

Vehicle
      Astra
      then today there was a get together with stampede and i had this done!! (my clocks are still a work in progress as im going to be getting a new dial card soon)

temporary clocks

steering controls

full car view

roof lights

buttons on in green

and button off

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast