Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Jays 1.6 SXI Progress Thread

Well now I have some spare time I think it is about time I started my progress thread

My first car I ever owned was a 106 I started off modding this a car a little to much then at the start of the year it was about time I upgraded the motor so I decide to get myself a 08 plate Astra SXI. I said to myself when i got the car i would not do any modding but I could not stop myself at all!

So back in April I was pleased after taking the car out for a run off the forecourt so I decided that was the car for me.

So the first mod I did to the car was de badge the back and side.

Before/After

Next was to look at the sound after just listing to the standard car system it was driving me mad so I invested into the edge box, but then hit a breaking point my last sound system was on a after market stereo with RCAs when the CD30 was taken out I soon found out they was missing so it was then hooked up to the front speakers but the guys in the shop was unsure of the quality outcome but I was surprised it is fantastic!

Any comments are welcome and more is to come !

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Cracking start matey, be interesting to watch this unfold

The modding bug, it's addictive ain't it ?

Ok guys and girls

The next stage to my progress was wiring up the sub woofer and purchased my self a parrot kit and I would recommend this to anyone! a handy little tool to have! While the wiring was out the front car door speakers was changed to edge and amped up to give me some louder sound!

Will upload some pics of the products installed later

After i went for all round tints 60% on back and about 35% on the front but they don't look that dark thank god!

After spending my time on the sound my next step was power, so the car was booked in to have a full stainless steel decat back. Also i managed to get the car remapped by a kid called Arron who was recommended by a few people so off the car went.

And up the car goes!

The end product!

I was a bit worried after my old exhaust, I was the most hated person down my street waking people up at 4am every morning having the car roaring! Was pleased with this one, it's quiet if I am below 2k revs and has a nice little raspy sound to it!

The next small mod was the head light bulbs as the standard ones didn't light anything up so I had gone with em' ! Also changed filter but after driving with the filter the car seems to have a little dead spot between 30-40 so I will be going back to my old air filter box and getting a piper cross air filter.

Can't really see in daylight so later that night I took the car out just to get a pic and see how bright they were !

Color code front grill

Before

While I had the grill out I gave it a real good clean around the area!

The end result

Calipers painted/wheels cleaned

How dirty!

Enjoy comments are welcome...

And thank you Gairo! The modding bug it is addictive you always find something to do!

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      You're welcome matey, lovely to see this gem of a car coming together quite nicely, like the exhaust

nice progress matey keep it up