Thats the beauty of modding mate

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

hmm, in a realistic world id win the lotto and keep the astra for when the ferrari was getting serviced like...

not sure if im worrying about it too much and whether i should just leave things the way they are for the time being as i do still like the astra

If you love your Astra and this wasn't an option, buy a cheaper model? It's what I did my insurance is £150 a month and only cost me 2 grand altogether you could transfer your mods to the cheaper model and make it like the one you love? x

Quote Originally Posted by Natt-xx View Post
      If you love your Astra and this wasn't an option, buy a cheaper model? It's what I did my insurance is £150 a month and only cost me 2 grand altogether you could transfer your mods to the cheaper model and make it like the one you love? x
      if im honest thhats not a half bad idea, however i dont think id like any other model than the 1.8 petrol...id preferably have a 1.6t but they are stupidly hard to find, had a 2ltr turbo at my local vx, but it was still 5.5k and same mileage as mine and no body kit...i put up an advert on here of one at bells garage but he wants 8 grand for it and i dont think its worth that much, its low mileage and in good nick but ive seen them for between 4.5 and 7 grand on auto trader with similar age and mileage ect...thats could be an option for the time being cheers for that ive now got four options to think about

Mines only a 1.4, it's not a bad car tbh! And for a petrol I get 41.5+ mpg, ideal as i do about 54+ miles a day was considering a diesel but this ones been perfect for me but yeah at least you have a fourth option x

This happened to me a few months ago so i sold the car payed off most of my bills and got myself the cab was not the thing i wanted to do but it left me alot better off a month

hmm, atm i can save around 400 a month and still have a decent amount of money left over but if i didnt have the bank loan, i could save like 600 quid, looking at insurance even though i havent checked with my insurer it seems to be a little cheaper for a c than the astra but only like 1-150 ish, plus id rather no change insurers as im half way through this year and im in my fourth and would like to be abl to protect them asap lol

think im gunna wait till after christmass save some dollar up and see what situation im in...then go from there cause cant go without a car with the ****ty weather on the way...thanks for the advise guys/girls keep posting anything you feel may help my decision

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Jez, I know you might laugh at this but what about a Corsa C 1.3 CDTi ? They can be tuned and are not bad as standard anyway, you wouldn't need much to get it to SRi spec really. Potential for 60+ mpg too

2005 Corsa 1.3 CDTi SXi

2005 Corsa 1.3 CDTi SXi

2005 Corsa 1.3 CDTi SXi

Here's 3 for less than £2,500 to start you off

gotta be opn 1 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Gairo View Post
      Jez, I know you might laugh at this but what about a Corsa C 1.3 CDTi ? They can be tuned and are not bad as standard anyway, you wouldn't need much to get it to SRi spec really. Potential for 60+ mpg too

2005 Corsa 1.3 CDTi SXi

2005 Corsa 1.3 CDTi SXi

2005 Corsa 1.3 CDTi SXi

Here's 3 for less than £2,500 to start you off
      hmm, not too bad of an idea, main reason i wanted to go back to a 1.8 was cheaper to buy which is more important than running costs atm as the extra money would go towards paying off certain things? always an option though...went back to ccuk and already been offered one car that is tempting and hes looking at selling for a astra h exectly like mine and we both thinking the new year as a rough time to move on so could be a good deal in there for us both...gunna see what he says about it first though as id want a certain amount of cash back ontop of his car so we will see if what he wants to give me is enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
      Some good finds there Chris.
      How about the other option? Find another job that pays better always a thought. If I was earning more I would have a VXR now
      well ive already been promoted once at my current job, on around 18-20k a year, but the problem is theres not really any further up the line where i am, and most jobs ive applied to have either told me to do one or said my uni degree is a pile of ****...so i feel like the three years i spent at uni is a waste of time...typical cant even just have 50 kids and get everything paid for me anymore cause you only get benefits for first kid or two these days!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2