Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

MarkG's Astra SRi XP Estate

As some of you may know I have been on the look out for a new car for a few weeks now. Just over a week ago found a car in Reading, phoned garage to organise a viewing, went down last weekend, drove it and loved it so bought it

So, enough of the waffle, couple of quick pics, others will follow later:

Quick spec:

2007 57 plate
    1.8 VVT (140bhp)
    Full Factory Fitted XP kit
    57,000 miles
    Full Vauxhall Service History

Work done by garage before I got it:

Full MOT
    Service
    Cambelt
    Brake Discs and Pads all round
    6 months tax

Absolutely love it

Few more pics:

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Very nice looking motor you have there Sir

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Magic matey, good to see another estate make an appearance

Let the modding begin.....

Tomorrows list of to-do's:

- club stickers
      - armrest
      - stereo
      - debadge

Very clean motor
      What else you got planned for it mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
      Very clean motor
      What else you got planned for it mate?
      If I'm honest, not much more as funds don't allow at the moment. I think as soon as I have some money to spend on it, it will be coming down a little closer to planet earth

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
      Nice choice matey, like Chris said its nice to see another estate
      Chris will know I have been after one for a while lol fell in love with his at PVS when I saw it, wanted one before that made me want one even more. Has taken me a month from when I first started looking to actually getting the car. Tossed loads of ideas around, first off it was doing to be a 1.7 diesel, then worked out I would get less car for the money so in the end found I could afford to insure a 1.8 so went on the look out for one. Even thought about getting a non SRi and kitting it but thought it would never be the same as a genuine one!

So, here's a little update on the highs and lows of yesterday!

Standard CD30 MP3 came out and the aftermarket double din Alpine I had in the old Astra went in, along with the smokers pack ciggy lighter bit which again came out of the old Astra. Couple of pics, first one of the mess and 2nd of it all looking good again

Fascia isn't completely pushed in yet as it will be coming back out in a few weeks for sub and amp wiring to be added.

Oh god does it drink the petrol! Did a 40 mile trip yesterday afternoon/evening, most of which 70mph on dual carriageways and have averaged around 31mpg lol I knew it was going to be bad but didn't think it would be that low lol mind you, everytime off a roundabout it is foot to the floor, will realise eventually it doesn't need to be driven as hard as the 1.4, although it wasn't exactly difficult seeing a chav in a saxo off earlier on, put a massive smile on my face.

On the down side, I have been through a bit of a "why the **** did I buy this car" earlier on. Got the stuff out to debadge, got all the badges off, as I was polishing up the boot where the Griffin came off of, around the very edges of where the Griffin was I noticed a ridge in the paint, so kept on going. Got it all off to see this:

It would appear the bootlid has been resprayed at some point without the badge being removed to say I was pissed off was an understatement. As soon as I saw this and figured it out, the boot was open and ripping the carpets out to check the state of the bodywork inside, was relieved to say everything is straight and as it should be. Come to the conclusion there was some damage to the tailgate which is the only bit has been resprayed as you can see the orange peel effect on the tailgate itself.

So ... the badge will be going back on

That was the first OMFG moment ... the second was this:

Came out of a restaurant from lunch with my brother and his wife, put the little one in her car seat, stepped back and see it glistening in the sun! Was mega mega pissed off! Other half is going to drop it in the garage tomorrow and get it sorted as we are off on hols for a few days mid week so need it sorted before then!

Other than the above, I am actually in love with the car!

I'm not bothered by it TBH mate, I've ordered a replacement badge for the rear anyway as I managed to snap part of the old one when I was removing it.

As soon as I saw it started inspecting to make sure all was straight, was relieved to see it was.

Vehicle
      Signum 1.9cdti
      Nice to see another Long one mate!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast