Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kram's Sri XP

Vehicle
    Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri

Kram's Sri XP

Where do i Start

So on the 2nd of january i sold the 1.2 corsa c to a guy in ayr, came and baught it and drove away the same day. Had to say i missed it as it left. Heres a pic of it at its peak...

So i went to arnold clark, picked a car now on monday the 31st i picked up this bad boy

Its a 1.8 Sri+ XP 140 VVT, and i love it... feels so much better to drive. after picking it up i got a few things ordered up that night.

Baught some pressed plates, Opel German number plate holders, Team Heko wind deflectors, Hid's, and some led number plate/ sidelight bulbs.

As everything came i got busy

Here is one of the plates in the holders

Then at the weekend got a few new things fitted, ill let the pics do the talking

Number plate bulbs, before

After

Debadged and pressed plate + holder

Teak Heko's

Simota Filter fitted, only got a pic of the box

HID Fitting, What a hassle

Fitted with sidelights

Bought this a month later, took 15 mins to fit

Fitted it on saturday 5/3/2011 and heres a few pics after a little clean

then over march i had a few little things done to the car.

So i 1st stated with a few small things..

Brake caliper paint, fluorescent orange.

Insignia washer jets, great mod i think

VXR Surrounds

also got sum of this

Here is sum pics of the following things fitted/done

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      few weekend later i got really bored as the misses was working. so i decided to paint my v grill. here is sum progress pics

It was painted Black sapphire

But i got a little impatient and pressed it onto the car and my thumbs took the paint off not so great

i sanded it down but i really couldnt be bothered repainting it, i did spray it matt black. i dont have any pics but it was a mess, this is before i sprayed it again.

What a mess...

So i was really angry about it. my Girlfriend then decided to get me a present a few days later.

So as you could imagine a couldnt wait to get it fitted. went and borrowed a drill from work and got it fitted.

Got a little pic at lunch when i fitted the grill.

Looked so much better

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      Next big mod was lowering, on july i set about ordering a set of Eibach Sports Lines

Heres a few pics after i cleaned it when they were fitted

What a difference they made to the handling and stance to the car, should have got them sooner.

The next month i was a tad skint with buying road tax so got a few little things

Hey guys yesterdays goodies

So in that is VXR intake pipe, Small aerial, Rain-x and couple of stickers.

So got home i started fitting.

Removed

Old pipe

De-restricted airbox

Simota Panel Filter

Intake fitted

Behind the grill

Stubby Aeriel

Sticker

Couple of days later got some more goodies

Yellow tint film for my foggies

Some more carbon Fiber vinyl (don't have a pic, use all know what it looks like)

So straight after work i got busy on my door card trims as it had scratches on it.

Before

After

Before

After

On August the 17th it was my 21st birthday so my girlfriend got me a good present

Quite Chuffed

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      In September i got abit bored with the engine bay so got some little things

Next up were quite big mods

October 2011

First thing was getting a sub. i had a few ideas about changing the head unit doing a custom build ect but then i read some review on a Vibe Edge EDB01A. So i got everything an just wired it up to my standard HU.

What a difference, dont know why i didnt get one sooner. sounds perfect and i love it.

After the sub i got abit bored and had 60 quid to spare a few days before payday. so i got some paint and got busy on the penta's

Then a few pictures of them on the car.

Couple when i gave it a quick wash.

Little sticker

November seen another payday so i got these

Angel Eyes

I dunno why they look green, they are only 6000k bulbs.

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      In October i managed to grab a bargain on eBay of a piano black heater control for £30. which i was surprised to get knowing alot of people want these.

so after i picked up the controls i was on my way to pick up a mate and this happened...

safe to say i was pretty angry with the taxi driver as he done a U-turn in the most awkward place. The police were good help in getting this resolved.

got home and i was kinda depressed and felt like keeping the car in good condition was a waste of time. manage to just go ahead and get the controls fitted.

the car then got collected from the insurance to get repaired and here is the arrival of my courtesy car.

i liked the BMW but i felt boring and i would much rather have the astra back. Good fun to drive tho.

so got my astra back and a couple of days later i get messages from check control telling me parking lights were out only to find that most of my leds had blown out.

Finally today i managed to get round to changing them with 3way Leds that i got from crazyleds.co.uk and safe to say these are a much better build. as i was changing the build most of the leds that were in looked like this...

Some pics with the lights sorted

And heres a better pic of my car in total vauxhall. got it from the iphone app.

Never done any mods for a little while as i had christmas, road tax, mot ect so in febuary i had booked my wheels in to get refurbed professionaly. So ordered a set of opel centers to go with them to be sprayed aswell

so next was phoning up to get them done, got them done at nationwide for 218 including vat. Let say i was pretty pleased with them.

After that i was sick of the standard silver in car dash so i had been collecting piano black bits so i then got round to fitting it all

Out with the old

In with the new

Looking good, just need a cd player, gonna wait till the eonon is sorted and back on the market, Its next on the list.

Next up was smoked side repeaters. These were on the list for a while, got a set of ebay and also got a set on led error free amber 501's to replace the normal 501's.

Video as its hard to get a picture of the bulbs while they flash

Next up i grabbed some LED Reverse bulbs from GazzaC, Put up a few posts about how to set them up but managed it witha friend. Gonna right up a how to so everyone else knows how to do it cause its not that hard.

Fitted some silver indicator bulbs into the back aswell

Only needed to use one resistor in the left hand side (passenger side) and no errors

Finished

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      Next month i got busy with some more things

Pod

Gauge

Burg Mirror Covers

Silicone hose

Dont have any pics of the b pillar trims

So on Friday I wasn’t so busy being on call from work so I decided to get some of the stuff fitted.
      First up was the pod and gauge

Video

Next was the b pillar trims

Then the burg mirror covers

Over the next few months just browsing ebay i found some bargins and bought them.

So got home at lunch and i had a little pressie waiting.

My piano black cd30 mp3

got straight to stripping it while on my lunch and got the facia off. Then i set about it with polish and wax as it looked abit dirty

so got all the done, when i finished i got the CD player out of my car. This is how my room looked.

got it all put together and then put into the car

Re wrapped my bootstrip

Upgraded the boot light and glove bot light to white LED's like in my interior

Next up i bought some tint film from hong kong that took bout 4 weeks to come.

this isnt like fly eye or spi vision its black lamin-x

so when it came i set about tinting my reflectors in the rear of the splitter

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      After later on in the afternoon my paint and gloss black lacquer so i set about painting my vents.

Then finally saturday while everybuddy was posting how they were gettin ready for pvs and the girlfriend was working i decided to spray the top of my engine mounts with vauxhalls best colour. Then give the bay an overdue clean!

OPC Baseplate

Before

After

Few Days later i fitted them along with my VXR steering wheel, Pics do the talking

Steering wheel

Couple of others

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      That Guys is everything haha

its abit picture heavy but least you get the whole story, i can now keep yous up to date now rather than big chunks haha

List of my current mods are

steinmetz grill
      yellow fogs
      opel number plate surrounds
      anthracite penta's
      opel center caps
      opc race camp b billars
      de wiper
      de badge
      eibach sportslines
      Angel eye's with White halo's
      6k HID's
      Blue collant hoses
      arden engine pieces
      VXR steering wheel
      OPC Steering wheel plate
      Piano black dash
      10" Edge Sub
      Pressed Plates
      Volts Gauge with Jigger Pod
      Carbon Bootstrip
      Carbon Interior pieces
      Tinted Rear reflectors
      Burg Carbon Wing Mirrors
      Cree LED Reverse Bulbs
      VXR Indicator surrounds
      Smoked Side Rep's Orange LED's
      Simota Panel Filter
      VXR Intake pipe
      Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust
      Heko Wind deflectors

Hope you all like, Rate & Slate

Cheers

Kram

Awesome progress Mark,so many nice touch's.Particularly like the colour coding of vent's,might pinch this idea of you as it would tie in nicely in mine

Keep up the good work fella

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.8 Sri
      Thanks Mate, Its an easy simple mod just take your time, theres a layer on the top of them that reacts if you dont get it off. so get that off 1st

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast