Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Car is looking good - did you paint calipers without moving alloys?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-GSi View Post
      I like them mate.. Wasnt sure at first but now theyre on they look smart.. And gutted about the scratch some people just dont deserve hands if they do this to peoples pride and joy
      Tell me about it...its not to the metal and im hoping that maybe with a machinr polish it will be barely visible but as it currently is its pretty bad

And thanks yeah think they will be a marmite mod but they are that subtle i doubt anyone will even notice them on my car lol...

Quote Originally Posted by sycovxr View Post
      Car is looking good - did you paint calipers without moving alloys?
      I did intend in removing the wheels but i had no means and been waiting for the chance for ages too...

In the end i used a very small paintbrush lol...it took about an hour thirty in total and i need to maybe give them another coat as the paint at the top of the calliper is abit thin but looks good unless close up

small update...had a respray on my front bumper...been a long time coming but it now looks fab and a bit of cheeky colour coding, if i may say so it looks pretty good.

Also a few snaps from around the car...

The rear griffin may be going next sunday if i get around to giving her a proper clean, we will see though I just think the back end might look a tad plain without it :S might just take it off and hope for the best lol...

Looking good m8 and the griffin a must go imo

Quote Originally Posted by ANT-VXR View Post
      Looking good m8 and the griffin a must go imo
      I keep thinking and cant decid but its coming off...then if i think it looks odd i may get a black badge or something different

well today was an up and down one if im honest.

As previous had my front bumper resprayed...but when fixing it back on with the help of [MENTION=455]III_ASH_III[/MENTION] the cable ties holding the crash bar in place seemed to be pushing on the bumper from the inside...so the next task was to remove the bumper and re-position the cable ties...

While doing this I also thought I would remove the faulty fog lamp from the passenger side, unfortunately what I found was not good news

this is the fog lamp that hasn't worked since i got the car nearly three years ago now

and the inside of the bumper which tells its own story really.

seems as though the previous owner has had a small bump and smashed the front bumper and fog lamp. done a cheap bodge it back together and got rid :,(

however the man who resprayed the bumper has tidied it up a bit since he had it and also made the outside face look brand new...and in the future I may consider a new bumper mainly because this has annoyed me...although it now looks spot on from the outside...

Also got around to fitting my number plate holder. Has anyone got one on the front bumper? I was having a play and tried bending the plate holder to the same shape and it felt like it would break quite easily...so I put this one on the back instead.

Also tried to take the rear griffin off using dental floss but it didn't seem to cut through the glue holding the badge on. Is it the same as most where its just a sticky foam holding the badge on or is it screwed in?

Right some more of an update...

had a bit of a fixing session yesterday with a mate off here. Replaced both his fogs and did my damaged one at the same time. No pictures of this unfortunately during or after as my new unit didn't come with a bulb :|

I will be ordering some replacements off ebay shortly and then the repair is complete.

However something I do have pictures of...

and fitted...

and my achievement for the day...

Think they look quite good...also made a start on the interior wrapping. Done the gear surround carbon, looks rather good and i think i'll be having a bash at the power socket unit next. However I can see that being quite tricky due to the deepness of the coin tray...

I will probably re-wrap the grab handles and the silver strips on the doors. Then the glove box strip and the headlight switch parts.

Jez's Progress thread, first car to current Astra.

Hard to believe there is only twenty four minutes between these pics! Light disappears so quickly these days!

Finally sorted front fogs out for the bad weather only taken three years ehh. Bought a new bulb standard from halfords and it works in both lamps tried one of the leds I bought from eBay again and nothing so I'm just going to get another halfords job and that way they both work then!

After that I decided to have a bash at removing the rear griffin...took a lot of elbow grease and had to wash the car after as the glue leftover was a disaster and looked terrible basically had a full outline of the badge left on the paintwork, a lot better now though and hopefully once dry in morning it won't be visible at all!!

Got both fog lights working now...only took three years ehh!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast