Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra h

Astra h Light control switch not working, Lights always on.

Has anyone got an idea why my Light switch does not work? My car lights are always on when the ignition is turned on and the control switch does nothing, I can't turn them off or turn on my fog lights. I just bought the car, it has been off the road for 3 months and I bought it with a completely dead battery which has now been replaced.

The first thing what comes to my mind is to try a different control switch and check the fuses.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra H SXi Easytronic 1.6 TP
      It isn't a Daytime Running Light setting, by any chance?

Vehicle
      Astra h
      I am not sure and I don't know how to check, if it is a daytime running light setting I thought i would be able to use my fog lights. The whole switch seems to be dead, I have tired unplugging it and reconnecting it. I will try a different switch in it tomorrow.

Vehicle
      If unplugging it didn't change anything, then the switch is almost certainly okay. The fault would more likely be in the lighting control unit. That is probably the Front Electrical Centre, but I haven't checked.

Vehicle
      It is also worth pulling the relay for the headlights to check that it isn't stuck in the on position, if you see one listed in the FEC.
      Does your car have automatic headlights, by any chance?

Vehicle
      Astra h
      I have had a play with it today, the light switch does work and my front and back fog lights work. My side and dipped lights are on all the time with the ignition on but I still need to turn the switch to the right position to be able to turn my fog lights on. I can turn the lights on/off using the control switch with the ignition turned off. My head light adjustment button was working when I tried it, the motors for it was quite loud but worked. I thought I would try reseating the UEC but after doing this my head light adjustment does work at all now, I have tried reseating it a second time but it does nothing. I don't know if it's bad timing and the motors have broken, I plan on trying different head lights in the car on Saturday to see if the problem is the motors.

I never checked the REC and I don't think it has automatic headlights, how can I check this?

Vehicle
      Auto headlights has an "A" position marked on the switch. It sounds like it is all working as it should, and with the DRL function active. Except for the headlight adjustment, that is. Make sure the lights are set to the dipped beam ON position before trying to turn the beam height adjuster.

Vehicle

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      There is a sensor in middle of screen and your light switch should have auto on it if it's got auto lights

Vehicle
      Astra h
      It's not Auto, I just bought an Opcom kit, I will try to use that to see if Day time running lights is turned on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast