Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Tigra B 1.8

Tigra B 1.8 ECU/Immobilser problem

Dear Mr Peck,

My name is Jeremy I live down in Evesham and I came across your details browsing the forums and kept it for future use in case it was needed.........well now it well and truly is!.

I bought a Tigra B as a run around for the winter but cant stop adding to it, the frustrating thing was no cruise control so reading up on it I ordered all the parts and fitted them.

I also bought an OPCOM from china, despite the warnings but I cant face going to a Vauxhall dealer!

I have enabled the cruise control in both the body and engine ECU modules as far as I can tell.

However I now have the flashing spanner warning in the dash along with fault code P1610 which I think is an immobiliser/engine ECU issue and obviously the car will not start.

I have reconnected the OPCOM and it says the keys are not programmed, and looking in the test blocks for the engine ECU it says ECM not present, Im not an expert (obviously!) but wonder if these are connected.

I do have the security code for the car and have tested it a couple of times using OPCOM.......all modules respond to the code almost instantly, except the engine ECU which sometimes connects sometimes doesnt.......mostly doesnt, although of course it did in order to program the cruise control. It pretty much does not respond now.

I guess Ive been a numpty, but the OPCOM isnt helping by locking up or not functioning correctly, as far as I can see from the various discussions I think I may have "divorced" the ECU from the car?

The car is on the driveway and cant be driven and Im not sure whether you do "call outs" but Im thinking from the website may be you do not? I would prefer an expert like yourself to sort the problem if possible and I am happy to go through the booking page to arrange a visit if that is what you do?

If not do you know anyone in the Evsham area that is mobile and you can recommend?

As a long shot and it seems to be a transponder/immobiliser problem I wonder whether the mobile auto electrician/locksmith may be able to deal with it, assuming they have the Vauxhall software of course?

Many thanks and hoping you can help.

Kind regards

Jeremy