Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GID upgrade

Vehicle
    Vectra C 1.9 CDTI '08

GID upgrade

Hi there, I am a new here and I need a help At first, sorry for my bad english...
    I have Vectra C, 2008, 1.9 cdti. And cd30 mp3 + bid. I bought gid, sn 24461295, which hasn't divorced from previous car. My electrician got the code with eeprom, I have a dump file, if is necessary, maybe he mistake?
    And we do next:
    Deactivate theft protection for both cd30 and bid (the one that was in my car). With tech2. We must deactivate both because there is no option to deactivate only bid. On the screen we see message: Display safe, radio safe, blinking. Then we put GID and see the message (after 10 seconds) Display safe. We then activate theft protection, put the security code for radio (the one which was on car pass), and code for radio (the one which we got with eeprom). We programed display, code index and everything else.
    And nothing, the display always show display safe every few seconds and beeps. We tried to reset both of them, put the code for display which was on car pass (security code), the code which we got from eeprom, but no success...
    Where we mistaken? Please, help

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by gox79 View Post
      Deactivate theft protection for both cd30 and bid (the one that was in my car). With tech2. We must deactivate both because there is no option to deactivate only bid. On the screen we see message: Display safe, radio safe, blinking. Then we put GID and see the message (after 10 seconds) Display safe.
      If permanent Display safe message, then this can only happen when radio and display have different codes, which should not happen when radio is safe. this does not sound correct.

When you reset CD30mp3 and BID, you should get display safe, radio safe message. When you swap BID to GID you should only get radio safe message.

Check mid speed canbus on display is correct
      Activate theft protection with code from eeprom
      de-activate theft protection with code from eeprom
      Activate theft protection with code from car pass
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9 CDTI '08
      Thanks for reply.
      If permanent Display safe message, then this can only happen when radio and display have different codes, which should not happen when radio is safe. this does not sound correct.
      But radio and display have different codes, they are from different cars?

When you reset CD30mp3 and BID, you should get display safe, radio safe message. When you swap BID to GID you should only get radio safe message.
      Yes, when we reset CD30mp3 and Bid we get display safe, radio safe message. But when we swap BID to GID we get both messages, radio safe and display safe. Maybe because GID isn't divorced from previous car?

Check mid speed canbus on display is correct
      How we do that?

Activate theft protection with code from eeprom
      de-activate theft protection with code from eeprom

Activate theft protection with code from car pass
      But there is no option to Activate theft protection only for display on tech2? We only can activate for both, radio and display? And can we activated protection for both with code from eeprom?

Sorry if I bothering with stupid questions, but we are doing this yesterday, maybe I forget something, I wish I asked this question yesterday. I will go again on Monday or Tuesday to electrician, I hope by then I'll learn how to do it

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      All activation and deactivation is done through the radio.

Once you deactivate theft protection, there is no code from any car

If with GID it flashes display safe it is already reset and you can forget the eeprom code.

Permanent display safe message and flashing display safe message mean totally different things.

There is a setting on tech2 programming for mid speed canbus, it gives you a list, make sure everything set to PRESENT is actually fitted to the car
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9 CDTI '08
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      All activation and deactivation is done through the radio.

Once you deactivate theft protection, there is no code from any car

If with GID it flashes display safe it is already reset and you can forget the eeprom code.

Permanent display safe message and flashing display safe message mean totally different things.

There is a setting on tech2 programming for mid speed canbus, it gives you a list, make sure everything set to PRESENT is actually fitted to the car
      Ok, and we deactivate theft protection with code from car pass or from eeprom? I think that we couldn't activate protection with the eeprom code?

Here is dump from gid, can you see the code, maybe we made ​​a mistake?

GID.BIN

Vehicle
      Vectra
      code is 2601 from eprom..

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9 CDTI '08
      Ok, thanks, we find that number too.
      If I understood everything pecky said , the order would be this:

First I reset both radio and display with code from car pass (security code)
      Then I swap bid to gid.
      Then I activate theft protection with code from eeprom?
      then de-activate theft protection with code from eeprom
      and Activate theft protection with code from car pass.

And that's all?

Vehicle
      Vectra
      if you cannot activate it, then either the midspeed canbus is not matching between the ehu and display (do you have climate control, mobilephone?) or one of the units is not depaired...

you can check via data list and check ID status... see if it says delivery state... Do this on both EHU and DIS..

If one of them says ID OK that means its still has a code..

Yes what you said above is correct way to do it..

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9 CDTI '08
      I have this climate control:

screen shot pc

I don't have mobilephone.

or one of the units is not depaired...
      Do you mean that one unit is not divorced? Because GID is not divorced from previous car, because of that we get code from eeprom.

If one of them says ID OK that means its still has a code..
      How we can rid of that code?

Vehicle
      Vectra
      that is the idea of what this is for...

First I reset both radio and display with code from car pass (security code)
      Then I swap bid to gid.
      Then I activate theft protection with code from eeprom? <------- this one and
      then de-activate theft protection with code from eeprom <------- this one involves the code from the gid, and by doing this you remove the code from the GID..
      and Activate theft protection with code from car pass.

so both units both radio and gid must be set to only EHU and DIS on the midspeed can on both units.....

So check both units first to see if it says ID OK or delivery state, then we can advise from there...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast