advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Yea just wait a bit and get mdi 2 more likelely wifi version, current mdi wifi versions was removed from sales too for some reasons like fcc regulations

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      Are the clones any good for a hobbyist like me? Have seen also vx diag wondering if they any good?

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by jpbroad1970 View Post
      Are the clones any good for a hobbyist like me? Have seen also vx diag wondering if they any good?
      Dont waste money on clone better get mongoose works with tech2win gds2 and does sps too and comes with support

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      Dont waste money on clone better get mongoose works with tech2win gds2 and does sps too and comes with support
      thanks for that. will look into cost

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Just to update this.. Being the first venture into MDI and that was a bit of an experience.. Although my mate did the final programming today as I was changing my clutch for the 2nd time, and looks like it needs to come out yet again!

The donor ecu did indeed need a pin code to be able to set it clear from the car... Other than that it was pretty straightforward except after it learned the keys it wouldnt start! Even with a battery charge on the car it went flat.. So ended up jump starting the car.. But all in all its now running under its own power

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Nice one,

Spotted on the Tis2Web news that latest gen cars no longer come with a car pass, MDI pulls the security code from the server and uses it. Will make things even more fun in the future, for those without online access as I guess even knowing the code will be no good if there is no opportunity to manually enter it. Not sure how the reset function will work either, may well have to be done in the car.

Looks like fun ahead.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Fun is quaranted
      In insignia and astra j pin can be pulled out in 5 min so dont think would take long to find pin in newer ones as it will need to be stored somwhere anyway, and i can guess it will be in mcu flash memory which makes eeprom readers usseless and if mcu will be newly released can take some time for algos and hardware to be released
      Thats one of the reasons why vci requests have been introduced and many of them gets declined
      Vci itself says what about all that is

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I guess it depends on the format of the pin, if pulled from the server, can be any length, crypted etc. Will no doubt take a bit of canbus sniffing to see what they have done different if anything. They may well have left is as it currently is.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      N/A
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      Fun is quaranted
      In insignia and astra j pin can be pulled out in 5 min so dont think would take long to find pin in newer ones as it will need to be stored somwhere anyway, and i can guess it will be in mcu flash memory which makes eeprom readers usseless and if mcu will be newly released can take some time for algos and hardware to be released
      Thats one of the reasons why vci requests have been introduced and many of them gets declined
      Vci itself says what about all that is
      you can pull pin by obd 5s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast