Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra H

BID retrofit Astra H

Good Evening all.

I've posted on here before in relation to a BID I retrofitted into my 58 plate astra H 1.6 Petrol.

I originally had it coded in with a tech 2 device which fixed my strange readings of 45 MPG with a combined run for my 1.6 petrol. The only issue I had was that the range was completely wrong. When my tank was empty it would say I had 200 miles left in it =( I felt that the reason for this is that my BID was reset when I had half a tank of petrol so I presumed that it felt that half a tank was a full tank if you get me?

I left it for a while until recently I decided to have ago at it myself with a opcom unit. I changed the code to 10 which sent my mpg to 45 mpg again.. Obviously this isnt true. so im going to change it back to 2. But beforeI did that I was wondering if anyone could guide me in resetting the BID so it showed a full tank as a full tank? I have a opcom so I would be doing it myself

Thank you

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      morning

I would have said code 10 would be correct , I get 47-48 mpg or more if careful on a run with my 1.6 twinport 38mpg tootling back and forth to work about 7 miles each way, try setting it to code 10 and resetting all the trip figures and running for a week or 2 see if it settles , your fuel level inaccuracy would be down to the fuel sender type that is set with the display code. sure someone will put me right if my advice is wrong
      john

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Correct index is 10
      Index 2 is for different fuel sensor which isnt fitted to your car as its out of fitting since nearly end of 2004