Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Zafira B

Buying Used CD70 and CID Married Pair

Hi there,

I am looking at a listing online for a married pair CD70 NAVI and CID. The screen and CD70 are currently in a 2005 Astra H CDTI and I will be installing them in a 2007 Zafira B CDTI that I'm hoping to buy this weekend.

I was hoping someone could confirm for me that this is going to work as I expect it to? To my understanding as the CD70 NAVI and CID are married currently, they will install okay and work in the Zafira my end and I'm also thinking that given they are both diesel, the fuel sender type will be the same so the range and MPG figures should report okay without changing the Code Index?

If for any reason I do need to change the Code Index or if I needed to ever divorce the CID and CD70, will that require the original owners Car Pass or security codes and is this something I should be asking him for now during the sale? Is there anything else I am forgetting or missing?

I don't want to spend a load of money on buying them if something isn't going to work out when I install it my end.

Thanks in advance,
    Richard

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      If it makes any difference, the CD70 is manufactured 04/04/07 and is a KS variant.
      I'm assuming that the current owner has retro-fitted this into his own vehicle being that it's a 2005 Astra H if that effects the codes in any way.

The current owner has the Board Computer functioning in his car with range and MPG displayed.

Vehicle
      Opel
      It will need programming for your car options. Security code may not be needed, but if you have uhp4 module, different story.

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      Quote Originally Posted by liviu2004 View Post
      It will need programming for your car options. Security code may not be needed, but if you have uhp4 module, different story.
      Thanks for the reply. There's no Bluetooth at the moment but I would like to add Bluetooth and Check Control to the car at some stage in the future. Is the security code I would need to enable Bluetooth the code embedded in the EEPROM on the radio? If the guy selling the pair currently has retro-fitted them to his own car, chances are he's not going to have the original owners security codes. As for Check Control, does that require the security code or just Car Pass for my own vehicle?

Vehicle
      Vectra
      enabling options in the display or radio does NOT require the car pass code, only when activating or deactivating the security like to add the bluetooth module. Its easier to get to the chip in the display rather than the radio.

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
      enabling options in the display or radio does NOT require the car pass code, only when activating or deactivating the security like to add the bluetooth module. Its easier to get to the chip in the display rather than the radio.
      Thanks soulman. So it seems then there will be no problem with me buying this unit other than I may need to use OPCOM to change the Code Index for the fuel and range. In your opinion, is it even worth me asking the seller if he has the security codes or do you think given that it's a retrofit in his vehicle, the codes are long gone?

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      So the CD70 and CID set I was looking at originally is heading way north on the price. I've seen another one for sale that's in Poland.
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CID-KS-CD7.../121819283647?

Would anyone here consider this to be legitimate or would you steer well clear of it? The advert says that it's Tech2 logged out but given that there are pictures showing the NAVI display on the CID instead of showing the Display Safe message says to me that the two are still married so it should be a simple install into the car? If the two are in fact divorced, will I need the security code to re-pair them?

I know that there are language discs available but is it a simple case of insert the language disc, select English or am I over-simplifying this?

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      The seller has very good ratings and his sale history is all Vauxhall parts with buyers from UK and Germany by the looks of it.

Vehicle
      Opel
      Good rating you say?

What do you think about his piece of work? Never seen more crap in my life and garbage in the unit. Of course the top metal cover was not there anymore

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      Quote Originally Posted by liviu2004 View Post
      Good rating you say?

What do you think about his piece of work? Never seen more crap in my life and garbage in the unit. Of course the top metal cover was not there anymore

Hi liviu2004,

Are you saying that you bought something from this same seller and that's what you received? I'm not exactly sure what the picture is showing aside from a hair slide on top of a circuit board?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast