Vehicle
    Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011

Question uhp4 radio issue ref other thread

just so I can put it all into one thread without hijacking someone elses

thanks for your reply on my other thread pecky

this is what I have done

bought a uhp4 module and got code

divorced my head unit and display both said safe

fitted uhp4 module and activated security with the code I have for uhp module

Bluetooth works perfectly takes and receives calls but radio wont pair head unit in with the code (pecky may have answered this for me)

I have ordered a eeprom reader , I know I cant read the up4 module that's possibly a job for pecky, but could I reflash the eeprom in the head unit with the code changed to the up4 one.... as you can guess im clutching at straws a bit or could the radio code be put in with tech2 to marry it all up .

im fairly ok on electrics but this has stumped me as really its software related, what im really looking for is a diffinitive answer so I can get it all sorted as I know everything works

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      oh forgot to say thanks for any help I might get

cheers
      john

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      ok further update , been out at lunch and both radio and display say delivery state and beeping with Bluetooth fully operational does this perhaps just mean a tech2 need to input code or is it far more sinister??????

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      here comes another update, have managed to get original radio to try ......do you think this will help??

Vehicle
      Vectra
      This is what you should have done..

Unpaired the existing radio and screen...(should be just EHU, DIS selected in variant unless you have ecc or dab). Re-pair it with the same code as the UHP4... then in EHU and DIS make sure in the variant config that UHP4 is set to present (also ECC if you have that too).. Make sure all the modules have the same variant config setting, ie DIS, EHU, UHP, ECC (whatever applies).. Then deactivate it all via the EHU.. Then it should clear all items in one go leaving you free to pair them to whatever code you want.

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      Yeah thanks , can see where I have gone wrong, just trying to sort the mess now

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Can be a right pain when they are not cleared..

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      Well I have found my old head unit which works without beeping but display says safe. So if I can remember code for that I can unpair that??? Can I unpair that with display disconnected so I can then pair with display code , by ek its complicated lol

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      ok so here is where I am radio in and coded , display coded all to the same code as uhp4 module , only one thing I cant do which is radio variant config to tell it Bluetooth is there.....limitations of opcom I suppose ...... so im going to wait for the radio to come from the original car which has the code and settings stored and then try that and I believe that will do it just hoping a cd40 usb from a corsa will work ok in my astra , have told it everywhere else its just that setting it wont let me do

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      ok well I have put head unit in cd40usb with same code as uhp4 and coded display to match but it says display safe on display, solid not flashing like it does when unpaired and it also says pin ok , any ideas????

everything works phone radio etc just the display says safe and you cant scroll between functions

would putting the chassis number in from the donor vehicle help???

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast