Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Zafira B z19dth

CD30 MP3 problems with Display

Morning Guys,

So my bro in law has sold me (fairly cheap) his cd30mp3 he recently bought with a GID. Everything works he had code with it used it for a while. He then updated the radio to a touch screen jobbie and kept his GID. When visiting my partners family in Grimsby i had it off him and said ill wait till i get home to fit it as i didn't have my software with me.

Ive got home and fitted the stereo i had display safe flash a few times so, i disabled the theft protection on both the EHU and DIS and then reactivated them together. The screen came on fine, so i thought jobs a good un. However this morning when i turned the radio on display safe is constantly on. I've tried again to disabled and re-enable theft protection but cant seem to get it to work. I spoke with my bro in law and he said he didn't divorce the 2 and though if he gave me the code it will be fine.

Im sort of stuck as we wont be visiting again for probably 2 months to see if i can divorce from his screen. Surely by giving me the code i can do something myself?

any ideas?

cheers

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Hello,

Check for any TDC errors on both - headunit and display. If any present - clear them.

Then check and compare mid-speed canbus on both - headunit and display. Options enabled on both sections should match, and of course you shouldn't enable something that your car hasn't fitted.

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Correction: I meant DTC errors

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      hi
      im having a very similar problem , I depaired my head unit and gid last night then repaired but realised I had used wrong code so I unpaired again well tried to but it wouldn't let me its as if its stuck in a loop its working fine but I need to unpair again and it wont its very bizzare

Vehicle
      Zafira B z19dth
      Tried what you suggested and nothing. On mid speed canbus I even programmed EHU and DIS to not present and then reprogrammed to present.

I've chosen disable theft protection and reactivated it. I've also gone in dis and chosen disabled/reactivate theft without radio, but both them on the DIS ECU immediately goes off with popping anything up saying complete so not sure if that's buggy.

Just stuck now to be honest.

Can you run through the exact way it should be if I got 2 different codes including taking my own out. I would of thought by having the codes it would be easy!

Vehicle
      Vectra
      With your original headunit and display, unpair them both and confirm this via the data display, should say delivery state...

Fit the new display and go to EHU, activate theft protection and use the code from the bro in laws.. Should all pair ok...

method 2.

Unpair your original radio and screen, confirm they are both in delivery state.. Reprogram them with the code from the bro in law's car...

replace your screen for his screen. Turn off radio/screen.. Wait 30secs, turn back on.. Then unpair them via EHU.. That should then clear both units, which you can then use to reprogram with your own car code.

Vehicle
      Zafira B z19dth
      I don't have his screen I only have the EHU and code. And he's said he hasn't divorced them. So would your methods work then without his EHU being divorced.

Vehicle
      Zafira B z19dth
      Sorry if I initally confused,

Basically as I said he kept the screen GID, hasn't divorced the screen and EHU. I have the code for his EHU and I have the code for my Screen and EHU.

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Same principle....

Divorce your two items.. Fit the radio and then activate theft protection using the code for his radio.. Then divorce them again and recode to your own code

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
      Same principle....

Divorce your two items.. Fit the radio and then activate theft protection using the code for his radio.. Then divorce them again and recode to your own code
      Is there a time delay if you put the code in wrong??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast