Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    N/A

Signum 1.9CDTI '06 - lock/unlock and cruise problem (Bristol based)

Hi, Hope you can help

I have two frustrating problems with my 2006 Signum 1.9CDTI (120ps). 1 - The cruise control cuts out intermittently and, 2 – Perhaps 20-30% of the time the car will refuse to lock/unlock via the keyfob.

I have tried locally (Bristol) to get this fault dealt with, but not much luck. I have had tech-2 code-reads twice. First guy was hopeless. Second guys were much better, but the car had perhaps 5 or 6 codes stored which made it difficult to pinpoint where the fault was coming from. The net result was, live with it or spend £££ guessing at fixing the fault.
    I can live with the cruise control fault, but the lock/unlock problem is a real pain, and is progressively getting worse. I intend to keep the car for a good 4-5 years and really want to get it sorted.

I can send you a copy of the last receipt which lists all the stored codes. I have also recently obtained a code-reader, in an effort to read/delete codes and see at what point they return. I can send you a code-dump if it helps, and can do regular reads/clears if it helps.

To date, I get the same 3 codes repeatedly stored in the CIM; cannot recognise key 1 and key 2, and there being fault on the cruise control circuit. Other errors seem to crop up, but there seems to be no real trigger for these, they can also be random in the sense that I read/clear a code once and may never see it again. The CIM stored codes always crop up however.

I am happy to pay you for your time, even if you just want to have a chat over the phone first, with a view to meeting and repairing/diagnosing/repairing. Its only an hour or so away.

Regards

James Carver

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi James,

Moved this to the Vectra section so others can see it.

On face value all the issues you mention relate to the CIM IMO, but others like Soulman may have seen similar issues on the Vectra.

List of codes would help.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vectra
      exact codes may help..

I have found two main reasons for problems with unlock issues, although you do mention a lock issue as well...

Do any of your keyfobs by chance have a loose case?
      Also have you had anything else fitted to car at all? I've seen things attached to the highspeed can which confuses the CIM

The CIM is looking the most likely suspect as Pecky has mentioned.. Once I see the error codes I may be able to advise further...

A 2nd hand UZ / UY CIM unit (specification of the car dependant) would be my suggestion if the fault codes dont take us in another direction, and would not cost more than £100 to have it fitted and programmed..

Vehicle
      Vectra
      If it was just one key I would have possibly said the key, I know if you have a bad case or loose battery it 'forgets' the key (think the rolling code goes out of sequence) and will resync once inserted into the ignition.. but dont believe this is the case for you.

There is what is known as a 'key capture' bit on the CIM, so wondering if thats what the error codes may be

Vehicle
      N/A
      Thanks @soulman and @Pecky

I don't think the key is the problem; I have two keys and both experience the lock/unlock problem. When you insert the key into the ignition barrel, the car immediately recognises the key. One duff key possibly, but two, simultaneously seems unlikely.

The only thing added to the car is a parrot Bluetooth (9200??) which has been on there form the day we bought it (7yrs ago)

It has had a new cc stalk, brake and clutch switches. I have a new battery on charge in the garage waiting to go in (its on its original)

Here is a code read taken 10 minutes ago (I last cleared all the faults about 4 days ago..)

B3794 - Switch Cruise Control Circuit Malfunction
      (08) - Not present

P0380 - Glow Device General Error
      (08) - Not present

U2139 - CAN-Bus No Communication with CIM (Steering Column Module)
      (00) - Not present

B3916 - No Communication With Alarm Siren
      (0F) - Not present

B1330 - System Voltage Malfunction
      (00) - Not present

Typically the key error (cannot communicate with key 1 and key 2) is not yet stored; I can only assume that is has been locking/unlocking ok over the last few days (mrs has been using it and thinks its been locking/unlocking fine for the last few days)

FWIW, there is a chap here with an identical problem... http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/s...-locking-fault

What are your thoughts?