Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Opel

Astra H GID program variant configuration

2008 car, GID, delphi. I cannot change the head unit setting into cd70, I always get Invalid value after programming. Therefore, display does not work correctly with the cd70. Are those settings held in the eeprom memory chip?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra H 2.0L Turbo
      The problem is there are 2 different manufacturers at the GID / CID Siemens and Deplhi. These are not compatible with each other. But you can try to program as CD60. Maybe it works. Otherwise, you need a Siemens GID or a Touch & Connect or CD60

Vehicle
      Astra H 2.0L Turbo
      You can actually use radio and conversely no Delphi Radio with Siemens.

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.6
      Hello. I'm suffering from the same problem, I own an Opel Astra H 2008. I've just bought a CD70 and I can actually listen to music, see the consumption data, the temperature etc. shown. I also can see the street names on display, only if I try to navigate the instructions are not shown. Instead, I see a menu item "map" and "zoom" that shouldn't be there. It seems as CD70 think the display is CID and tries to act accordingly. I also set the variant to CD60 as there was no other option.

Do any of you know what is the problem really? Why the Delphi GID and Siemens VDO CD70 doesn't fit together? Is it the bus communication, are they using different messages or what? I really want to understand what's happening behind the curtain. If someone could explain... I read a lot about how the different parts connected together in my car, still I'm pointless.

Honestly, I don't want to go back to cd30mp3 because the sound is so much better than that. Could you pls advise which is the smartest (I mean, cheapest :-)) move? I heard that the 2 line GIDs are Siemens and known to work with cd70 but I'd lost the average consumption from display. CID is a littlebit expensive for me, compared to the price of the whole car. What about dvd90 and the Delphi GID?

Thanks,
      Alexandra

ps. that's funny I couldn't register with my real name as it said usually spammers use this name :-D Anyway...thanks in advance