Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Vectra C 2.0 DTI

vectra c display and player upgrade

Hi there.

Im new to this forum and im also new to vectra. few days ago i just bought 2.0 dti 2003 for a very good price.

I guess that this is the most popular question, but i didnt found a full answer which could help me.. so here it goes again

I have cdr 2005 siemens vdo which i guess is the most simplest of them all. Is there any options for me to upgrade to anything better? For example.. if i could get a display that shows some info about the milages..like how far i can go etc that would be perfect for me.
    Also, that player accepts only original CDs.. So that one is deffinetely going to be changed.. but before that, id like to hear some advices.
    What i understand is.. its not that simple as you buy whatever which you like, fit it in and play.. there is some more tricks to be done which i dont know.

btw..here is a picture of my player and display..really hope that will help you understand my situation with it
    http://i.imgur.com/mQ36McX.jpg

thanks!

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      ok, right then.. you have a few choices open to you depending on what you want to end up with...

You can go for a ncdc setup and colour screen which will give you satnav and cd (also think a changer)

which is the best you can hope for being what is termed half-can car..

you can modify the wiring and fit a cd70 (satnav and also mp3) or cdc40 (some are mp3) (dab compatible with the dab box fitted as well) and GID screen (lcd but orange) or CID (colour screen) you would also need to change the CIM unit (which controls the steering wheel controls), the steering wheel/airbag/control for a later type..

As said depends what you want to achieve

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.0 DTI
      well, basically i would be happy even with the orange (non-colour)display.. as long as it shows anything more then just a clock, temperature and radio..
      There is like 2 things which i want:
      1. like i said.. to be able to see some info about the mileage.. just some of the standards: distance, average..i dont even know what else..
      2. to be able to listen my own recorded CDs.. cause, i havent seen any usb slots on those players.

Id really like to use the original players which vectras have..not those regular ones from ebay..

Vehicle
      Vectra
      with your current setup you can upgrade the display to a GID (needs a new connector on back of display and pins moving) this will give you want you want in that way.

There is no way with any of the range of halfcan radios cdr2005/cdr2006/ncdc**** to play mp3s, but you can make a 'audio' cd which is the same as a regular cd..

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.0 DTI
      And thats its? Sounded too easy to be truth..
      So.. if i want that trip consumption to be shown on my display i just need to buy a display? It dont need any sensors or anything else?

one more Q. if i buy everything for to get the mileage showing in display.. could i buy 2DIN mp3 player ass well (any other which is not original, like pioneer, sony etc etc etc) ?
      maybe a pic will help to understand
      http://prntscr.com/88dn73
      here is just an example of player:
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Dual-Cor...item419b5bc16f

Vehicle
      Vectra
      you would need to change the connector on the back of the display from a 12pin (think) to a 32pin and move wires.. If you remove the factory radio you will lose all your new information as its the radio that gets the information and puts it on to the screen.

with the fullcan setup the display itself gathers all the range/mileage info and displays it, so that may be a possibility. you should be able to fit just the screen (fullcan) and not have to have the radio

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.0 DTI
      sooo...
      am i looking for those 2 things?
      display
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-V...item4aeec42617
      and a connector
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-V...item4881acdcf3

and then later i would need a new steering wheel+wires

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Well shopping list look right
      connector I wouldn't buy for £10 go to scrap yard and get one

Reason for new steering wheel?

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.0 DTI
      iv got the old style..
      http://i.imgur.com/bikszox.png
      but looks like there no point for the steering wheels control system? both will be good for my new display?

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      leave as it is or you will face a problem with cim and possibly new steering wheel wont work with your radio and screen (not tried - older controls doesn't work with new radios so I guess that new controls wont work with oldr radios)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast