Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Vectra 3.2 V6

CD40 Opera removal - lose code ?

Hi, possibly a dumb question, but removing a modern CD30 or CD40 from a vehicle, i.e. disconnecting from power, will not result in the coding being lost - true ? So I could pull the radio out, shelve it, and put it back in the same vehicle some time later without any coding / marrying etc.

Thanks
    John

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Yep everything will stay as it is

Vehicle
      Vectra
      as long as its with its 'matched' display you can refit... if your removing the whole lot...

If your just removing the headunit to fit an aftermarket one thats fine..

Vehicle
      Vectra 3.2 V6
      Thanks guys !! What I plan to do is remove the CD40 Opera, and install a CD40 USB which I realise will have to be coded to suit the vehicle, but that shouldn't stop me reverting back to the CD40 Opera if I want to, as there won't be a need for any coding I believe.

Cheers,
      John

Vehicle
      Vectra
      erm, slightly different if your going that route...

You will need to unpair your existing radio and screen with tech2/vauxcom and then pair in the usb40 usb to your screen otherwise you'll get the annoying radio safe/display safe sort of thing.... Same as for when you refit your original, that would need to be re-tech2'd back into the car for the same reasons.

Vehicle
      Vectra 3.2 V6
      Hi Soulman, what's the purpose of the unpairing process ? Why can I not just remove the old radio and pair the new one ?? Sorry, this is all new to me. Is there a tutorial on the whole pairing/unpairing with radios/displays somewhere that I could read to understand this better ? at least so I can ask the right questions.

Cheers,
      John

Vehicle
      Vectra
      the radio and screen are paired together... Its to stop someone nicking the radio and fitting to their car.. If they tried to do it then the radio would display radio safe or screen safe and lock the radio so you cant use the buttons (i think)... Same as for the screen... If you try to mix and match without first pairing them together then the above will happen...

The old one needs to be unpaired from the screen first which will then allow the screen to have a new one paired to it... Without unpairing it first it will tell you to go do one...

Vehicle
      Vectra 3.2 V6
      Hi Soulman, thanks for the extra information !!. So that sounds like the radio and display don't need to be coded to the car itself, just to each other - correct ?

Also, to unpair radio from a display, do I need the old display, as I don't have that :-(

Thanks
      John

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Correct, radio and display are coded to themselves not to the rest of the car...

as for the 2nd question, yes can still be done but a little more flaffing around as long as you have the code from the existing radio..

Vehicle
      Vectra
      bearing in mind with the pairing process for the screen and radio, as you have a cdc40 it will have a seperate DAB unit as well, again, this is only paired to the radio and screen...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast