Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    N/A

CD30 MP3 Clearing Dump File To Unpaired/Factory

Hi all, i have a CD30 MP3 that has been removed from a car without being unpaired . As i do not have opcom or Test2 i need the dump clearing & code so it can be installed in a different car. Both the donor car & the one it's going in are Corsa's

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I don't do dump resetting as it is always better to use tech2 to do the decoding.

If you don't have tech2 or opcom, how are you going to code it into the new display?

REPORT GENERATED BY PECKY'S VAUXHALL DECODER

File Name: CD30MP3__Paired.bin

Unit: CD30 / CD30 MP3 - Grundig
      EEPROM: 24C32 EEPROM

Vehicle: Corsa D

Security Code:0256
      Model:CD 30 MP3
      Serial Number:GM0D33A2863957
      Part Number:13287717
      Hardware ID:13289921
      Production Date:26.07.2010
      Ident:HF
      Software Date:06.02.2008
      Code Index:051
      Audio Index:008
      Temperature Index:0256
      Remaining Attempts:10
      Wait Time:Not Running
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      N/A
      Hi Pecky, thanks for the info.

It's from a local Vauxhall dealer, they know i do Crash Data Module Resets & asked me if i could do anything with this unit.

They had replaced a faulty unit in a customers car by taking a unit from one of their display cars ( unpairing it & then pairing it to the customers car). Then they came up with this unit from somewhere to go back into their display car but this unit had not been unpaired. So they are stuck & i just need it putting back to factory OR someone tell me what needs changing & then they can pair it up with their Opcom/Test2

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      With the code and info provided above, they can use their tech2 to reset, pair do whatever they want with it. That is all they need to know.

No need to mess with the dump at all, it's not good practice that way as it has been known to cause operation errors.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      N/A
      Maybe as a Vauxhall dealer they don't know how to use Tech2 then because having just spoken to them they say they had the above info (it's on a card taped to the unit) but because it wasn't unpaired while in the original car they still can't install it in the new car using Tech2. so i'm confused now

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It's just Vauxhall not knowing the capability of their own kit, not uncommon unfortunately.

http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/s...stems-in-place has some more info.

All they need to do is reset the old radio and display using the cars code, fit the new radio and then reset theft protection using the code provided above. It can then be programmed to the display.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      N/A
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      It's just Vauxhall not knowing the capability of their own kit, not uncommon unfortunately.
      Just as well it's only the radio then, hate to think what they are like when it comes to brakes :-)

Looking at this a slightly different way then, am i right in thinking that as they know the security number of the car its going into , if i program that into the dump i have in place of the current one (0256) that that is all that's needed for the radio to marry with the display or is there more to it than that ? If so does anyone know the offset of the code ( i take it its bytes reversed ?)

Graham

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      No that doesn't work either, the display and radio swap more data than the just the security code, It can only be coded when they are in the circuit together.

Try and bypass it in this was and the display goes into UNIT DISABLED state, which often needs a re-flash of the eeprom to recover.

Takes 10 seconds to do when fitted in any car. Forget about editing the dump and doing it manually, what's the point, fit the radio, few button presses and it's done.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      N/A
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      what's the point, fit the radio, few button presses and it's done.
      That's my point though, i already told them what you told me but (a) they don't have the car available that this unit originally came out of, it's been sold (b) they 'claim' the unit can only be divorced by putting it back in the original car before it can be paired to the new one & (c) they say they have tried to do it as you say but Tech2 does not allow them to.

I'm going to throw it back to them, i'm spending too much time just to get this reset

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I've done hundreds of them so I can assure you they can be reset in any car, When I decode via my shop I reset them whith tech2 on the bench, the radio and display really don't care where they are as long as there is power and a canbus wire between them.

It will only reset if the display in the car is already reset and the mid speed canbus in the radio matches the display.

It really isn't difficult, it's just Vauxhalls techs sometimes can't think for themselves if the procedure isn't in TIS.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast