Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH

Astra MK5 Display illumination

Hello Richard,

I have another question. When I used GID display in my Astra, display was illuminating when I just unlock the car.

When I connected the CID it was the same, unlocking the car brought up the display.

After decoding when I unlock only circle around volume knob illuminates on my CD30 MP3, other player buttons don'tdon't, display neither.

Is there a way to program it back as original with OP-Com? I have a personal one.

Cheers,
    Nick

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Check that Ignition Logic is enabled on the radio settings menu (On the radio itself, not on opcom)
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Yes, it is enabled. Last night I connected back my GID (I didn't sell it yet) and I tried to find dicference in some config which make GID to illuminate the same as interior light, and to apply it to CID, but without success.

Using GID, unlocking car with remote control, this makes GID to turn up, before even opening the door.

Initially CID was making the same, after decoding it turns up after I put inginion on.

Maybe something related with code index?

I had another problem - range was not correct on CID. With half a tank it was showing that I have 9 ltr. and 150 km range.

I've changed code index on CID KS from 009_icewarning to 007_icewarning and I think it is fixed now - it shows 25 ltr and 350 km range. Fuel tank sensor is linear resistance, but I'm not sure if it is correct.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Don't know how you got it coming up with remote but mine never came up unlocking car only when ignition turned

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      You know, today I visited a friend with the same Astra as mine, cd30mp3 and GID - we tested and his display didn't come up with unlocking the car via remote as well.

Then I have asked random person, which I met on a gas station to show me his display, unlocking car with remote didn't wake up the display neither...

Later today I will try to swap displays and I will make a video on my GID's behaviour.

Hopefully we will solve this strange approach.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Have you asked yourself what tid bid and gid shows when you unlock a car and then check how to get same on cid as far as i know only pressing button on radio

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      To be honest I didn't know that on the other cars display does not illuminate when unlocking with remote.

After changing display I realized that there is something different.

Today it was cold and rainy here in Sofia and I was not able to swap displays and show you.

Will try to do it tomorrow.

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      I just found a picture of my GID on the first page of secret menu. I'm seeing that code index is 002_02_icewarning (since Slippery road message has been displayed)

Hope this is helpful.

[ATTACHClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20150330_123711.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150330_123711.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1344=CONFIG]1344[/ATTACH]

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      I mean you got time and date when display illuminates but with cid you must press settings button on radio to get date

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Here is the video, as promised.

You can see that display illuminates in paralel with interior and dashboard lights. Before decoding CID was making the same, and currently not...

I tried with settings button, but nothing happened when car unlocked. Ignition must be on, this is the only way display to come up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast