Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra SRI X Pack 1.7 Diesel

Warning lights, lots of them!

Hi, you've been highly recommended to me by Kieran @ audioserve (Herne Bay, Kent) who recently helped me with a cd30 mp3 issue.
    I'm going to try to make this as brief as possible but I'm not sure I can, so brace yourselves. All of what you're about to read relates to an Astra H SRI x pack 1.7 Diesel, 140k with a full history that I've owned it for nearly a year without any issues. I also have the cars original pass card.
    For the last four weeks I've been battling ABS,Traction Control and Airbag warning lamps, a non functioning fuel gauge and a dead cruise control, without the slightest hint that I'm any nearer sorting the problem.
    It started with a fairly major oil leak from a split oil return pipe on the back of the filter block, on the back of the engine. Lots of oil all over the back of the engine, starter, loom covers, exhaust, bulkhead and back along the underside of the car. Put it on my friends ramp and cleaned it all up with brake cleaner (quite a lot) and rag, but no pressure washing. Found the culprit and replaced the oil return pipe. At the same time I replaced a slightly leaking three-way 'T' piece and water pipes connected to the oil cooler, gave it a full service.....and thats it! It's at this point that it all starts to go wrong.
    After I put it all back together, I fired it up and, as always it started with no problem. But now I have all the warning lamps shining brightly at me, no cruise control and no fuel gauge reading. Initally the fuel gauge would climb for a frew seconds but then fall to zero and flash the low fuel fuel pump sign at me. Now it just sits at zero and flashes. I had a good look underneath in case I had dislodged a plug or wire, but couldn't find anything. Plugged it in to my friends Delphi system and it came up with the following main faults that flatly refuse to be cleared......

Brake (ABS (Anti-lock braking system) - Diagnos)
    DTC Description
    C0035 - Front left wheel speed sensor
    - Malfunction
    - Permanent
    C0800 - System voltage
    - Low voltage
    - Permanent

Instrument (Instrument - Display - Info display)
    DTC Description
    U2141 - REC (Rear Electrical Centre)
    - invalid data
    - Permanent
    U2201 - EHU (Entertainment Head Unit)
    - no communication
    - Intermittent
    Instrument (Instrument - IPC KOMBI-A3300 - Instrument cluster)
    DTC Description
    P0460 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
    - Faulty
    - Permanent
    - invalid data
    - Permanent

DTC Description
    B0023 - Passenger side curtain airbag squib
    - Open circuit
    - Permanent

Multifunction (Rear Electronic (Rear electronics) - REC RZM Intedis - Rear
    electronic center)
    DTC Description
    B0575 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
    - voltage high/open circuit
    - Permanent

DTC Description
    P0460 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
    - Faulty
    - Permanent
    - invalid data
    - Permanent

As a result of the low voltage messages I checked the alternator output, and at idle with no load was putting out 14 volts. But with lights, radio and fan it was dipping into the high 10' to low 11's. Fitted a new alternator, re ran the scan, exactly the same. Plenty of oomph but still the lights remained. Rechecked all the possible leads and plugs that I could have knocked or moved. No joy. Checked all conceivable earthing points. No joy. As the REC seemed to feature heavily in the fault codes, and a lot of the faulty elements seem to be linked to it (from what I've read), I got a tested and working replacement rear electrical unit (not new as they're £450 from Vauxhall). Friend of mine who works for vauxhall kindly coded it to the car with tech2 and I was confident that that was going to put an end to my woes. No! So far, with service parts, water pipes, oil pipe, alternator and REC I'm into it for nearly £350 and no nearer resolving my woes. The car starts, runs and drives a a treat. Is it possible that by sheer crappy luck, all these control modules have packed up at the self same time? Can I be that unlucky? It has left me, and people with way more experience than me doing the full Stan Laurel head scratch. I'm very much in best guess territory now. If you have any questions to fill in gaps feel free to ask. I can probably get hold of a full diagnostic report too if it helps.
    If you have any pearls of wisdom, for the love of god throw them this way,........please!

Best regards

Barry

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      With abs tc light check wiring near wheel hub if hub replaced with cheap one than its no guess what causes abs light
      Airbag light can be tricky if anything airbag related was disconnected with battery connected than you will need to clear crash data
      But check if you got airbag in place not resistor

All other dtcs check wiring and connectors make sure they are clean and not with oil

Vehicle
      Astra SRI X Pack 1.7 Diesel
      Well!
      Its been a while but I have an update for you. The plot has most definitely thickened! This has been going on for some time now and when I get a few moment to myself I dive back into it with a blind faith that I will somehow just 'fix it'. I happened to have my head under the bonnet the other day and by sheer chance noticed a black plug just poking out right at the back of the inner nearside wing, almost at the bulkhead. Well to 'cut' a long story short, the plug had two wires in it (both broken) and the other end which was poking out of the nearby loom, also had two broken wires poking out of it. Low and behold they were the same colours and everything. I pared them both back and rejoined them with a bit of wire roughly the same length as the missing piece which I found sitting on the chassis leg, tucked up behind a seam weld. Ran it up the road and by the time I'd got to 20mph the ABS and TC lights had gone out. 9 months of f****** about with it and having gone over the events of those fateful few days way back when, it is with a heavy heart that i must conclude that I have been sabotaged!! It's a long story but Seriously? :-( WTF man?
      All that's left to do now is track down why I still have an airbag light on and my fuel gauge is not working, but thinking differently, I now have a few ideas for that.
      Keep you posted.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      If you dig out history what was last what you did on suspension like new springs etc someone forget to put it back in clip, that was wire from hub if its disconected abs is on aswell as tc and regarding airbag try reading fault code that will give you direction where to look for fault otherwise - curtains, 2x seats, passenger in dash, driver in steeringwheel, plus crash sensors and tensioners

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Ah while on mind first try clearing fault codes in case something was disconected with baterry still connected

Visitors found this page by searching for:

https:www.diagnostics.org.ukshowthread.php3532-Warning-lights-lots-of-them!

Vauxhall DTC U2141-71

vauxhall u2141

u2141 astra h

Opel U2141

b0575 astrafault code U2141 on Opel AstraOpel Astra H 2005 DTC U2141u2141 opel astra hu2141Opel B0575u2141 astraipc kombi a3300 error codeOpel DTC B0575-02Opel DTC B0575-05astra h u2141-71fault code u2141u2141 astra h error codeastra h u2141zafira squib low voltagecode U2141 in opel Astra hb0575-05 dtc in vauxhallu2141 astra h airbag light