Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra SXi

How to enable Check Control on a 2008 Astra SXi 3-Door?

I have a 2008 Astra SXi 1.6 and I have seen some other astras with the option of check control. What equipment do I need to for the washer fluid and coolant sensors as well as the bulbs? Have been to Vauxhalls for Tech-2 to turn on the cruise control system so will I need to go back and do this for the check control to work?

Thanks

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      You need a washer bottle float switch, and the wiring adding (Don't think Vaux will do this as it is not available separately).
      You will also need a coolant bottlewhich has a float inside and sensor. The wiring will probably be there for the coolant bottle.

Once added, it gets turned on in the UEC (Fusebox under the bonnet). If turned on just in the display you will get bulb warnings only.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra 1.7 CDTI SRI Mk5
      Hell all, new to the site and really appreciate all the time and effort you all put into it and Pecky who seems to be the man.
      I have 2006 astra 1.7 CDTI SRI XP which had two pipe failures which were replaced and all was well for a while, then a 3rd pipe went when my brother was way down the country in it, not so lucky this time. He got towed to a garage and the guy said the cylinder head was gone, needed done and do the timing belt as well, fair enough, cost over a grand!!!!! Pipe failure is a major problem on these cars and then no temp gauge or even a reservoir sensor is scandal-is!!!! Anyway enough of the rant.
      Lookin to know if anyone has successfully added the sensors and enabled check control on my exact model, if so what is the best way to approach it? Add the sensors etc and the get check control enabled or vice versa?
      Anyone in N. Ireland with a tech 2 that can do the programming?

Many thanks.

JP.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Being an SRI, the front fuse box should take the pins and programming. Providing it does then the check control will work.

I'd try and find someone to program it first to check it will take the programming, then find the parts.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra 1.7 CDTI SRI Mk5
      Thanks Pecky for the quick response, much appreciated. I was kinda thinking that, but don't know anyone that has a tech 2? Gonna ring around a few dealers and see if any of them know what i'm talking about? What do I need to ask the tech 2 guy to do? Enable check control, is there more than 1 place it needs enabled? Bit confused as I've read that if it is only enabled here you will get a lamp error, that it needs to be enabled on the UEC which I have taken to mean connecting the 2 wires from the sensors?

Don't want to take up any of your time, so if there was a complete walk through that you could point me to or paste up, that would be excellent.

Good luck.

JP.
      Last edited by jpdevlin5; 24th January 2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Update

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It needs programming in the UEC and Display, I don't provide button press guides as the operator should know how to work his own kit and the opcom "experts" just copy them. Which I shouldn't mind for check control as pirate opcom corrupts the display when programing this.

No point in fitting sensors if it cannot be programmed. You will know it is programmed as it will tell you the coolant and washer bottle are empty. It that works then fit the sensors. Do it the other way round and you may waste money on parts. It will annoy you on the display until the parts are fitted, so upto you which way round you try it.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk