Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Meriva Design 16 16v

CD70 Advice. Please

Hi Forum members.

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice regarding a cd70 and paired cid I have bought from my friends Vectra he is breaking.

I knew before buying it , that it was not 100% working with the Meriva, and on fitting it I have no onboard temp, no steering controls. These I can live without.

But I also have no illumination, and it does not detect when the ignition is swithed on and off so it has to be manually turned on and off.

Is it possible to hardwire a feed from the heater control illumination into the circuit of the cd70 illumination ? So I would force light into it from another source ? I'm good with a soldering iron on pcb circuits etc.

Would it be possible to do the same from an ignition feed ? I remember in fitting a Corsa C stereo we had to rewire an iginition feed ?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It's turned on and off via canbus, which is why it is not working as the Vectra is probably giving a different wake up signal than the Meriva.

With cars going CANBUS, they are different to the Astra G, Corsa C era cars.

Not heard of anyone bypassing the illumination and wiring direct to the LEDs as there is no illumination of dimming circuit on the head unit plug, there isn't even an ignition wire, like I said it's all CANBUS.
      http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/s...adio-Head-Unit
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Can analyzer and at90canxxx with mcp2551 can make it work but you must know how to build a circuit and hardest part any of programming languages c, c++, c# etc and aswell fundamentals of can

Vehicle
      Meriva Design 16 16v
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      Can analyzer and at90canxxx with mcp2551 can make it work but you must know how to build a circuit and hardest part any of programming languages c, c++, c# etc and aswell fundamentals of can
      Thank you both for the reply.

domtorredo that's totally above my head. Can you do it ? Or do you know someone who can ? Thank you

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Must say sorry as have sold my astra wife still has astra but she doesn't like when i strip her car every weekend but if will got chance will look at it so I'm not promising anything

Vehicle
      Meriva Design 16 16v
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      Must say sorry as have sold my astra wife still has astra but she doesn't like when i strip her car every weekend but if will got chance will look at it so I'm not promising anything
      Thank you and if you get chance I will pay you for your time and efforts ?

Thank you again.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Can i ask what type radio you had before fitted cd70?

Vehicle
      Meriva Design 16 16v
      Yes it was a cd30 mp3. The standard meriva silver Vauxhall unit with the 2 line display. Cheers

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Hmm thats a bit strange why it doesn't work as it should. As vectra radio works in astra and as i know astra radio works in corsa i dont believe that there is different can messages in meriva and they makes special radios
      Lets look at it when ignition on does display switches on?
      Can you adjust screen brightness?

Vehicle
      Meriva Design 16 16v
      When I turn on the ignition nothing happens to the stereo, it does not detect that the ignition is now on. You have to manually turn the stereo on and off. There is a setting on the stereo to set it to auto on. I have tried both on and off.

Other problems, the stereo doesn't light up when lights are turned on.

Steering control no longer work.

Outside temperature is blank.

All these faults are only since the cd70, they worked with the original cd30.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast