Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Meriva VXR

Meriva CID upgrade from GID

Hi guys

I have a Meriva VXR with a GID navi system (with Bluetooth module) and have bought via eBay a CID system (everything - CD70, CID, GPS, RGB).

I have unplugged my stereo and GID and installed the bought kit - the screen seems to work (Bluetooth not present, assume needs enabling?) and I can raise/llower volume and move 'tabs' via steering controls but 'new' CD70 does nothing.

If I replace stereo with my own, I get "Display SAFE" on CID so assuming not paired with my unit (tried with VauxCom but only succeeded in changing OPC logo to Vaux).

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
    MikeyP - Meriva VXR

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi Mikey,

If you have bluetooth as well, then yes it needs programming into the new display.

Does the CD70 light up at all?

Had quite a few where the CD70 has been dropped of fascia removed and put on wrong which breaks off the connector on the circuit board for the fascia and nothing works. If the buttons don't work and it doesn't light up then that may be the problem.

If you do any activation and deactivation of theft protection with the bluetooth fitted in the wrong sequence it can mess up the UHP4 as well.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Meriva VXR
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Hi Mikey,

If you have bluetooth as well, then yes it needs programming into the new display.

Does the CD70 light up at all?

Had quite a few where the CD70 has been dropped of fascia removed and put on wrong which breaks off the connector on the circuit board for the fascia and nothing works. If the buttons don't work and it doesn't light up then that may be the problem.

If you do any activation and deactivation of theft protection with the bluetooth fitted in the wrong sequence it can mess up the UHP4 as well.
      No its dead i think. Add in, it didn't light up. Not too concerned as seller said they will refund that part and mine works fine.

Would like to get booked in with you but nothing on your calendar, how do i go about it?
      MikeyP - Meriva VXR

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Probably the connector on the circuit board then, Can be re-soldered back on, done quite a few of them now.

I'm not taking any more bookings this side of xmas now, I'm in too many places around the country with work, I will be updating the calendar with availability for January over the xmas break.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Meriva VXR
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Probably the connector on the circuit board then, Can be re-soldered back on, done quite a few of them now.

I'm not taking any more bookings this side of xmas now, I'm in too many places around the country with work, I will be updating the calendar with availability for January over the xmas break.
      Fair enough fella, busy time of year. Would you mind letting me know when dates are up?

Not too bothered about the CD70 but you are welcome to have a look. More interested in getting the CID installed and paired up with my existing CD70.

Ref the damage to the bluetooth - it's working fine currently so haven't fried it yet!
      MikeyP - Meriva VXR

Vehicle
      Meriva VXR
      Just found this thread again, forgotten about it. Sorry for the duplication mate.
      MikeyP - Meriva VXR

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP247 View Post
      Just found this thread again, forgotten about it. Sorry for the duplication mate.
      Maybe you got eeprom dump from cid as they are rare would be great for collection

Vehicle
      Meriva VXR
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      Maybe you got eeprom dump from cid as they are rare would be great for collection
      I did not I'm afraid.
      MikeyP - Meriva VXR

Vehicle
      Opel
      Quote Originally Posted by domtorredo View Post
      What do you offer in return? I am interested in NCDC 2015 decoding.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by liviu2004 View Post
      What do you offer in return? I am interested in NCDC 2015 decoding.
      Already sorted exchanged with some of my upa scripts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast