Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tpms retrofit

Vehicle
    vauxhall insignia sri

Tpms retrofit

Hi , my name is George and i am from Greece. I am a 2010 4dr insignia 1.6 turbo petrol engine ownewr and i just finished with some retrofits to my car. First, i changed my simple mirrors with folding ones and these seem to be very very usefull! Then ,i retrofitted the factory park pilot kit. My vauxhall dealer told me that i was crazy to to this ,but finally we found everything that needed for this retrofit (sensors,harnesses,brackets,dash switch,module etc) and fitted on the car.Everything worked fine. The last thing that i retrofitted but not finished yet,was the TPMS. We found the tpms module with the sensors as well and put them on the vehicle. The problem is that we can't program the BCM for this function because MDI don't let us to do this. We must have 2 VCI codes from Vauxhall Germany,but they don't give them to us because they said that the car has no tpms from factory. As a result ,everything is fitted on the car but we can't go to the next step of programming it with the MDI and have this function worked. My dealer told me that the only way to make this ,is to change the bcm with a new one which he can program it ,as the new one will be unlocked.
    Do you know another way to have these VCI codes,so i can avoid all this situation?? Thanks for your time and your patience.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Opel
      No way as far as to mu knowledge that you can get VCI codes outside GM dealers. Good luck of getting 1 VCI code inside GM dealers!

Vehicle
      vauxhall insignia sri
      Unfortunatelly,neither my dealer can get a vci code.....

Vehicle
      Opel
      That's what I am saying. I know a guy who break into the globaltis system but still has to figure out the decoding or algorithm to generate the VCI codes.

Vehicle
      Vectra elite
      Pecky should be able to help you with this

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by liviu2004 View Post
      still has to figure out the decoding or algorithm to generate the VCI codes.
      I don't believe there is one, it appears to me that the code they give you is a reference to a file(s) to be downloaded from the server, that file I believe is generated manually. One test I suppose would be to request a VCI for a MY13+ car which isn't on globaltis, and then try and program through globaltis, if it is a download reference it will fail.

I've requested VCI's for matching specification cars and have been given different VCI codes. In fact I have requested VCI codes twice for TPMS on my own car and received different codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectramadman View Post
      Pecky should be able to help you with this
      Try and find someone who has an MDI and access on Tis2Web who isn't a dealer. They appear to give codes to independent garages, I had no issues at all getting mine. Unfortunately it cannot be requested remotely by me, only by connecting to the car
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Opel
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      I don't believe there is one, it appears to me that the code they give you is a reference to a file(s) to be downloaded from the server, that file I believe is generated manually. One test I suppose would be to request a VCI for a MY13+ car which isn't on globaltis, and then try and program through globaltis, if it is a download reference it will fail.

I've requested VCI's for matching specification cars and have been given different VCI codes. In fact I have requested VCI codes twice for TPMS on my own car and received different codes.
      Here is what he says: I already got into the database, just need to reverse engineer the code algoritm. Will see, maybe he is smart ass.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by liviu2004 View Post
      Here is what he says: I already got into the database, just need to reverse engineer the code algoritm. Will see, maybe he is smart ass.
      I think we are all waiting to decode that one, here's hoping i'm wrong.

If it was an algo, then it would be automated, where it has taken between an hour and 3 days for them to generate and send me them in the past.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      vauxhall insignia sri
      Will tpms work, if i change the bcm with a brand new one which will be programmed from the dealer???

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by GFOUDIS View Post
      Will tpms work, if i change the bcm with a brand new one which will be programmed from the dealer???
      Unlikely as it will download the default config for your car. I don't think the issue is BCM compatibility, I think it's opel not generating VCI codes for the dealers. They refuse to give them to the dealers in the UK as well. Non dealers seem to get them.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

vci code vauxhall

opel vci code

https:www.diagnostics.org.ukshowthread.php3149-Tpms-retrofitpage2

vci code germany opel

vci code opel insignia

Vauxhall vci programming

globaltis vci codes

vopel vci codes

opel insignia vci code infinity

getting vci code gm