Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra H SXi Easytronic 1.6 TP

Easytronic, is CC an option?

Just like the title says, really. I bought an Astra H 2006 SXi 1.6 Twinport, and like the car, the Sport button is especially fun. Unfortunately, it came without the Trip Computer activated, which IMO is a shameless rip-off. I know I can get that sorted, and have an Op-Com on the way from China. However, I would like the Cruise Control, and don't have a CarPass, which I know isn't too big of a problem, a stealer or Pecky can sort that out easily and quite cheaply. What is a problem though, is I don't have a clue if the CC can be fitted with an Easytronic gearbox. I would imagine it is okay, but can Mr. Peck or anyone else confirm or deny that it is a possibility?
    One other (dumb) question, whilst I am here: Would power folding mirrors need new mirror units to retrofit the option, or is the motor already in place? The driver side mirror shell is cracked, and the passenger side looks like a replacement shell, anyway.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    Regards, Paul.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Paul,

Cruise control is certainly possible on your car, just the stalk and programming.

Yes folding mirrors needs new mirror housings, a new switch and the wires adding to the car loom.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra H SXi Easytronic 1.6 TP
      Thanks. That cleared up a couple of points I couldn't easily see in other threads.
      I knew the car should be able to know the clutch was being used, as the car does that job itself on the Easytronic, so I was hopeful.
      The mirrors can wait until I get the CC and CarPass code sorted, though.