Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    vectra

head light problem help

hi iv got a vectra c 03 1.8 ls here is my problem i start car in the morning turn lights on start to pull off my drive turn the steering wheel and my light flicker go dull some times thay turn off then on but after about 2 min all ok driving on the road if any one can help i would be thankfull

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      I would suspect possibly the alternator on its way out, the power steering draws approx 60amps when in use and if the battery is discharged or the alternator not putting out enough current it can affect the headlights. Get the battery/alternator checked out first, then if thats ok suspect earth or power feeds to the headlights.

Vehicle
      vectra
      Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
      I would suspect possibly the alternator on its way out, the power steering draws approx 60amps when in use and if the battery is discharged or the alternator not putting out enough current it can affect the headlights. Get the battery/alternator checked out first, then if thats ok suspect earth or power feeds to the headlights.
      thanks battery ok just replaced the alternator and still the same going to try and find the earth leads tomoz thanks

Vehicle
      Vectra
      also check the earth strap from the battery to the engine, i believe there should be one floating around somewhere...