Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vauxhall Vectra C

Question Vauxhall Vectra C 54 Plate Car Pass

Hi
    I have a Vectra Club and decided to upgrade the Trip Computer as I already had a replacement from an SRI. I was unsure if it was married to the another vehicle so I installed it into my friends SRI to test as I don't currently have the stalk
    activated on my vehicle...
    The Computer worked fine and displayed all relevant information and allowed changes to be made in the menu (Does this mean it's Divorced?)
    I don't have the Vehicle pass code to enable the stalk, but was informed that i could get the code from my original CD30 Stereo using OpCom?????
    Basically before i go wasting lots of money could someone please give me an idea of what's true and what isn't

Thx

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      No you cannot get your cd30 security code using opcom so don't waste any money buying opcom just to do that.

The code can be read on the CD30, but it needs eeprom programmers and a much better understanding where the code is and how it is scrambled up. I can do it as can a few other people around the country,

When you say changes to be made in the menu, are you talking in the car and with the car controls?

If divorced it will flash up "Display Safe", if it doesn't and someone fitted one into a car it would suggest the radio was in a reset state or it did not have a factory radio installed.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Vectra C
      When I tested the trip comp in my friends Sri, I could navigate using the stalk. basically I have a stereo and trip comp from a scrapped car (I have car pass code) and I want to fit just the trip comp with a 3rd party stereo in my Vectra C Club...

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      If you want to use trip comp with an aftermarket radio, then just fit it as you need it to be paired to the radio whether it's fitted or not to get rid of the safe messages. So you have no need to worry about things being married, divorced or getting them done.

For your car pass, it's a trip to vaux, or getting the eeprom read from your original cd30, display or anything that holds the code.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Vectra C
      Thx for your help, one last question. Will Opcom allow me to enable the wiper stalk controls once I have my car pass?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      No idea, opcom can be patchy in it's coverage and reliability. For the age of car though I would think there is a fair chance.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Vectra C
      Thx again for your time, really appreciate your help...